1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High oil pressure -

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by tucker74, Sep 29, 2003.

1. tucker74

tucker74 Moderator

I just bought a '93 FJZ-80 and the oil pressure guage seems to read a little on the high side (just at the 3/4 mark) - is this something I should worry about? I don't have any experience with these motors other than reading they are pretty much bullet proof if maintained well. Not quiet as simple as the old 2F in my FJ-40, anyone have any input?

Thanks, Tucker

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    3/4 is right where the 97 sits(when off idle) and it's been like this sense the day it was new, what kinda worrysome is the guage drops way down when at idle, an a 93 you will see alot more range than a f,2f or 3fe, all of which don't move nearly as much.

in short......all is as it should be(IMOP)

John H

3. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Tucker, that's where my '94 resides under power (ok, I know we really don't have any power - just torque) :D and drops at idle.

4. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

My engine idles at around 600 rpm with the oil pressure reading just above 1/4. But once I start driving it will read at the 3/4 mark

5. tucker74

tucker74 Moderator

Thanks for the help guys, here's a pic of my new truck....'93 FJZ-80 with 130k on her. Got a really good deal on it - a one owner someone traded on a new Lexus.

Tucker