High Oil Pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is the same connector, it just slides on the center tab instead of the side terminal. If the pressure gauge is even with the line you should be good, if it’s way below then it is messed up.

9F75808A-7C72-4F92-B832-4CBE034C4663.jpeg

40CA7672-DD53-4CE0-8A24-97F672FE2E62.jpeg

You must use the center, gold terminal, as I found out. You probably ruined the factory gauge as I did.

View attachment 2822931

It is the same connector, it just slides on the center tab instead of the side terminal. If the pressure gauge is even with the line you should be good, if it’s way below then it is messed up.

View attachment 2823031

View attachment 2823032

A standard female spade will slide on the brass centre connector. That's whats on mine anyway.

Female spade connector pushed on from the side.

The female spade connector that fits the wrong one on the sender is too small to go over the brass connector. I just tried that; no go.

Last edited:
The way these work is when the ignition is on, power is going to the gauge.Ignition off, and no power to the gauge. The gauge works on varying resistance to earth. As the oil pressure rises, the resistance decreases in the sender, and the gauge rises. If you were to attach the gauge sender wire directly to earth, the gauge would rise to max. [this is what happened when you connected the sender wire to the wrong connector on the sender]
hope this helps.

What I mean with the spade connector, is if the original is too small to push over the brass lug, cut it off and find a larger standard size female spade and crimp it on the sender wire. AFAIK there are only 2 common spade sizes. Standard and half size.

@pithicus ...Thank you.

My local shop that has done so much work on this 62...just didn't know about this, and I suppose the new sender had no installation warning. They are extremely conscientious, though. They will take care of it for me...and get the correct spade on with the info you guys have provided. I dug up a used gauge/receiver at Cruiser Parts. Much thanks to all.

Last edited:
One more thing. The extra lug on the sender is for making a proper earth to the sender body. It's not usually needed unless you use too much thread tape when screwing the sender in. The thread tape can insulate the sender body from earth , but this rarely happens, so probably no need to bother with extra earth.
**if the sender thread is made of plastic, the extra earth is essential.
cheers, and good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom