High Oil Pressure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finished my rebuild and now have 100 miles on the rig. Quick question though. My oil pressure hangs out right at the upper range of the gauge. Idle and high RPM’s, hot or cold.

Should I be concerned? What should I be looking for to remedy? Any input is appreciated.
B81A6FC5-35F3-4BB2-B841-1938B743139D.jpeg

Finished my rebuild and now have 100 miles on the rig. Quick question though. My oil pressure hangs out right at the upper range of the gauge. Idle and high RPM’s, hot or cold.

Should I be concerned? What should I be looking for to remedy? Any input is appreciated. View attachment 2719863

Mine rides right at the upper tick mark, and it has been that way going on 7 years and over 30,000 miles.

IMG_8935.jpg

Note: I run Valvoline VR1 20W-50, engine builder's recommendation.

My oil pressure runs about the same as well…..
Note: I run Valvoline VR1 20W-50, @GA Architect ‘s recommendation :D

I'm just happy as long as the needle moves after startup

Before having my worn out 2F rebuilt the valve train had enough oil pressure to squirt all over the place if I attempted to adjust the valves with the engine running. Post rebuild not so much. Gauge needle behaves the same as before.

Get a mechanical gage and install, as @ojaij40 recommended, to see what the actual is, hot engine should not exceed 55 psi at 2400 rpm. The 2F oil pump internal relief is set to that. If the oil pressure needle isn’t moving at all between, hot, cold, idle and rev’s...I’d suspect the sender.

I run a Dakota Digital and it uses a GM sender on an F. If I get moisture or the sender terminals get a bit corroded, pressure indicates high...e.g. bad ground. However, when all connections are tight, the oil pressure is active and moves around under various operating conditions.

Should I be concerned? What should I be looking for to remedy? Any input is appreciated. View attachment 2719863
Check out post #10 & #17 in this thread -> click here <- = "peace of mind, maybe"

Thanks for all the feedback. The oil pressure is of very minor concern to me and it sounds like as long as it’s not sitting below the normal range, all is well. I may play around with the sender a bit but replace it nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom