High Mileage FJ Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fort-wisers.ca
Hey Gang,
I have at least another 2-3 hours of software to install on a pc I'm working on so I figured I better do something useful in the mean time.
Our FJC currently has just over 374,000km (232,392 miles) on it.
We're hoping to push it to 500,000km (310,685 miles) with the original drivetrain and engine....so far it's looking good.
The truck is not heavily off-roaded like most on this forum but it's certainly not babied either.
So, do you think we'll make it?
Here's your chance to post about your high mileage FJC........

Last edited:
I think you'll make that easily.

Mine is nothing like yours yet, but I have over 150,000 miles on it and it doesn't leak or burn a drop of oil between 12,000-mile oil changes. Just got back tonight from driving to west Texas and back at 75-80 mph all day. It's the best work truck I've ever had.

I think you'll make that easily.

Mine is nothing like yours yet, but I have over 150,000 miles on it and it doesn't leak or burn a drop of oil between 12,000-mile oil changes. Just got back tonight from driving to west Texas and back at 75-80 mph all day. It's the best work truck I've ever had.

:cheers:

Hey there! I'm in Ottawa also, strange coincidence ;) I just bought my FJC with 189,000km (2007). Hoping to get another few 100,000 out of it lol. I am coming from a 300k km 1987 HJ60 so I've got about 20 years to put 100k on it lol.

Hey there! I'm in Ottawa also, strange coincidence ;) I just bought my FJC with 189,000km (2007). Hoping to get another few 100,000 out of it lol. I am coming from a 300k km 1987 HJ60 so I've got about 20 years to put 100k on it lol.

Congrats on the new rig......
Do you still have your HJ60?
I'm actually down near Kemptville.
There's a few Ottawa area folks on this forum.
PM me if you're ever going to be down near our neck of the woods and have time to stop........

Hey Gang,
I have at least another 2-3 hours of software to install on a pc I'm working on so I figured I better do something useful in the mean time.
My FJC currently has just over 374,000km (232,392 miles) on it.
I'm hoping to push it to 500,000km (310,685 miles) with the original drivetrain and engine....so far it's looking good.
The truck is not heavily off-roaded like most on this forum but it's certainly not babied either.
So, do you think I'll make it?
Here's your chance to post about your high mileage FJC........

compared to yours, mine's just nicely broke in with just under 114,000km's on it … I think you have lots of life in that truck yet … I'm a firm believer in, look after them, they look after you …
:)

Congrats on the new rig......
Do you still have your HJ60?
I'm actually down near Kemptville.
There's a few Ottawa area folks on this forum.
PM me if you're ever going to be down near our neck of the woods and have time to stop........

I still have the HJ60 at the moment. Am working on selling it (it's got a broken diff). It was/is a great truck, I just don't have time and/or space for a project at the moment unfortunately. I'm out near Kemptville every once in a while, we should meet-up at some point.

I'm really enjoying the FJC creature-comforts so far. Not used to having heat on demand, as well as auto door locks ;).

See you around!

I still have the HJ60 at the moment. Am working on selling it (it's got a broken diff). It was/is a great truck, I just don't have time and/or space for a project at the moment unfortunately. I'm out near Kemptville every once in a while, we should meet-up at some point.

I'm really enjoying the FJC creature-comforts so far. Not used to having heat on demand, as well as auto door locks ;).

See you around!
Sounds great! I'll send you a PM....

300k in Toront0

300k on 2007 FJ. Replaced 1 clutch, 4 windshields. Hoping for 500k+. Cottage every weekend with 140 foot steep hill. Nothing stops this vehicle on ice or snow. Tired of Toronto dealer service prices however. Eck. Need new winter tires that work for winter unassumed roads - tires with spukes. Recos?

300k on 2007 FJ. Replaced 1 clutch, 4 windshields. Hoping for 500k+. Cottage every weekend with 140 foot steep hill. Nothing stops this vehicle on ice or snow. Tired of Toronto dealer service prices however. Eck. Need new winter tires that work for winter unassumed roads - tires with spukes. Recos?

Nice work to hit 300K jazzdog!
We're closing in on the 400k mark...might have a bit of a celebration as this will be a first for me. Still running well.....hope I'm not jinxing it.
We run BFG ATs on both my FJC and FJ40. Love them for the snow, but I assume you want something a little more than just a tire.

I've run chains on the 40 before and it's damn near unstoppable. But we've never run them on the FJC. We have a camp up north that requires a long trip in by logging roads. Late in the fall when the snow starts to fly it can be dicey so I've thought a few times about getting some chains for the FJC, just never made the effort.
Cheers

Last edited:
I can't hold a candle to the previous posts as far as mileage goes. Only 76K, but no failures, just routine maintenance. I am planning on keeping it and my goal is to get 400K out of it. I do mostly Overlanding. Looking to re-gear it this year, or next. Glad to read how solid the FJ is. Fits with the tradition of the other Landcruisers.

Now that I got my transmission figured out - I'm hoping to get 300k+

106,000 on it right now. No sign of selling/trading in sight.

I love this darn thing.

Closing in on 150,000 miles any day now. I am hoping to get 500,000 mi. Met a guy a few months back that had a 2nd Gen 4Runner with 800,000 miles - he claimed nothing but oil changes & basic engine maintenance...amazing.

800,000.... Holy cow. That's awesome.

I just bought mine 07 with 92K and I thought its too high...
after read this thread my sense is better now!!!!:bounce:
Thanks for this thread and happy wheeling :steer:

Woohoo!:clap::clap::clap:
Rolled over the 400,000km (248,548 miles) last night on my way home from work.
Good girl! Still runs like a top.....

FJ_399K.JPG

FJ_400K.JPG

Last edited:
Rolled 450,000 km (279,617 miles) last weekend, cell phone died 30 seconds before I could get a shot and I didn't have a charger with me:(
Still running half decent.
I even gave the interior a cleaning, first time since the kids were born!
Gonna pull the boat 5 hours north next month, I hope that old tranny is still up to the task!

Love this truck, I hope she hits that 500,000 km mark:)

very nice ... I'm not even close to where you are, but can say I enjoy driving mine as much now as when I bought it new ... looking forward to the next update ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom