High/Low Idle RPMs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My high-idle is now 1,200 rpm at cold start ... which seems a bit too high. It usually takes significant warm-up time, but will eventually reach a steady low-idle at 600 rpm.

I hate dropping an auto trans into gear anywhere near 1K rpm, and I don't like sitting in my driveway for 10 minutes waiting for this motor to reach low-idle.

Is this normal for this motor?

BTW, does anyone know the factory high/low idle rpm specs on a 2005?

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember how it is on the cruiser but on many cars, if you blip the throttle before putting it into gear, it'll cancel the fast idle.

im really pulling this one out of the MUD cellar.. but im having a similar issue with my 06. my cold start idle is roughly 1200 rpms and as soon as i drop it into gear, it settles down to normal +/- 750 rpms. My 99 never did this..

anybody else have this issue? what might be causing it?

once its in gear its under load and doesnt freely rev to 1200? I cant think of a car ive driven that cold starts and idles at the same RPM as when its warm.

Our 06 does the same thing on cold start and includes significant fan noise too. Our 03 does not, planned to run it by the dealer at some point, just have not had the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom