High idle after throttle body removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I removed and cleaned the throttle body as well as replacing the spark plug gaskets and valve cover gasket. I marked the nuts on all of the throttle body cables and when I replaced them in their positions and turned it on it went up to 3K and was going further when I turned it off. The only thing that helped this was backing the acclerator cable off, and now it is very far out of line from where it was when I took it off and the idle is still high, around 1-1200. It's drivable, but jerks real hard when put into gear. I tried adjusting the other cables, but they had no effect. Just to note I have also picked up a buzz/rattle on idle that goes in and out on braking. What else might be out of alignment?

When I replaced my throttle cable (the one that loops around the front and goes to the gas peddle) I had high RPMs and a strange lurching even though I was pretty certain that I had adjusted the cable fine. Turns out I had monkeyed up the transmission kick down cable. I re-seated it and all was well.

Ross

User error was the problem. I installed the accelerator cable ( tranny kick down cable?) into the cruise control cable slot. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom