High EGT 3B turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a bit of oil on mine before, that was one problem, the other problem is that there was not a lot of pipe to grab onto because of how I had the intercooler piping plumbed in.
On my set-up now (which is set-up much better) I have no beads on the pipes just good clamps.

I don't see why you guys need a bead for that low boost. I'm running 24psi with no beads and they hold on fine with worm drive clamps.
But the outside of the pipe and the inside of the joiner need to be clean to grip. If they are oily you need huge clamping force to hold them together.

Okay, I'm retracting that. I blew a joiner off last night while passing a truck. Over 20psi boost makes a hell of a noise when it all gets out in a hurry, it's like ripping a tyre open.

Okay, I'm retracting that. I blew a joiner off last night while passing a truck. Over 20psi boost makes a hell of a noise when it all gets out in a hurry, it's like ripping a tyre open.

Indeed! I was pulling my Bushtracker Van (~4tonne) up the highway to Threadbo and at ~ 1800rpm, grunting full steam, 26psi the factory hose from the turbo to the intercooler exploded (didnt simply split). It made one heck of a bang! It also made for a very slow mountain climb thereafter :-(

Dougal said:

That's why I thought my turbo was done for! Very loud and I felt the truck jerk. Although mine was only 8 psi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom