high carbon minoxide readings... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive failed emissions twice now, and decided to go ahead and change out my intake set (manifold gasket stuff). after replacing, should this help the emissions test? im wondering if i would get high carbon minoxide readings with a jacked up gasket. thks, sean

check your timing, idle mixture screw, all vacuum lines and see if your air pump and egr systems are working

My rig has failed twice now too! I hear there is some gas additive that guarantee's a pass....heard of it?

i think its called "Bardahl", or some s***.

I just started a thread on this topic before seeing this thread. I failed today and am working on solving the issue. I did pickup a can of additive at NAPA that claims to guarantee a pass. I'm going ahead and doing a few other things in addition to that, we'll see if it works... My CO reading was at 1.59% How high is yours?

maybe your looking at the wrong column, but the limits for CO=30.0000, and for HC=4.0000. i failed CO at 65.3470, but passed HC at 1.8733. ive done A LOT to get mine running better, and pass emissions. i took mine to Russell and those guys and did a freeflow ehaust, changed my intake gaskets, and ordered some vacuum hoses from Cruiserdan. im gonna pass that thing, or im driving thru the F'n building. -other sean

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but did you put a new air filter in it? Change the oil right before you went in for the test? (Especially the oil thing - that'll make a good bit of difference)

CO2 Emissions Passing trick

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I bought my 62 in May. The next day I took it to the emissions place here in Nashville and went through and failed. I couldn't believe it. The PO had replaced just about everything on the cruiser, so I gave him a call. He made a call to a friend who told me what to do. My office is like two minutes from the inspection place. So when I got there, the cruiser was still pretty cool. After work (when we had the phone conversation) my buddy told me to ride around the neighborhood in low gear for a little while. The neighbors thought I was rain man or something, but by George it worked. I guess at higher rpms in a lower gear helps get the cats nice and hot, which he said aids in the "burning" off of the excess crap. I went back through, even with the same dude, and it passed with flying colors. If this works for anyone else, please email me or send me a PM to let me know. Good luck!

Shumani Tu-Tonka

hullendersauce said:
ive failed emissions twice now, and decided to go ahead and change out my intake set (manifold gasket stuff). after replacing, should this help the emissions test? im wondering if i would get high carbon minoxide readings with a jacked up gasket.
Sean, high CO indicates not enough oxygen. Probably not caused by a vacuum/air/oxygen leak at the manifold gasket. more likely a rich mixture. Have the idle mixture adjusted on the sniffer at the same altitude as the test station. also, test the HAC per the emission FSM.

PASSED THIS a.m.!!!!! barely, but passed! i bet as soon as i get my carb back, Jim, ill be even more under the limits. i swear, the only things i did from teh last emission test, was change out the intake set gaskets.

also, what would the HAC have to do with it? doesnt the HAC monitor altitude change? if ive been at the same altitude this whole time, why would it even come into play? (just wonderin by the way). -sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom