High Altitude Jets for Weber 38? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
andrewloe.com
Anyone know where I can find these? I need to re-jet as I'm living at 6300 ft up from -13. I've already advanced the timing a bit, but the jets will help with fuel economy a bit.

WALoeIII said:
Anyone know where I can find these? I need to re-jet as I'm living at 6300 ft up from -13. I've already advanced the timing a bit, but the jets will help with fuel economy a bit.

I ordered a jet kit from MAF IIRC a few years ago because I bought a used Weber. I couldnt find a source for individual jets so thats why I got the kit. I still dont feel like the leanest of the jets is right, my FJ60 still seems to run too rich. You are a 1000ft below me so you may not have the same problem.
I am getting ready to go through the same problem with my 4Runner. It was in CA for a while and has a Weber 32/36 on an Offy intake and it doesnt seem to like this 7500ft elevation.

I ordered individual ones from MAF, but I cannot remember what size I ended up using. If you need to know, I can check later...

i know of import parts stores in the denver metro area that can get them for you.
your prolly gonna have to know the size you want.

let me know i'll get you some phone #'s

WALoeIII said:
How much does it cost to get the whole range of sizes? As I understand it every application is different, setting the weber is more of an art than a science.

MAF: 38 DGAS JETTING KIT 4 MAINS 4 IDLES 2 AIR CORRECTION $34.99

WALoeIII said:
As I understand it every application is different, setting the weber is more of an art than a science.

It is; however, knowing what has worked for others will give you a good starting point.

Also, order extra C-clips that hold the butterflys in place. If change the jets multiple times, I guarantee you will drop and loose at least one...(speaking from experience)

I bought all my jets from www.carbs.net a little spendy but I guess about average.

5280 elevation
Weber 38/38

* 135 Main------------->73801.135
* 190 or 200 Air------->77201.200 Either will work but depends on altitude if lean or rich.
* 50 Idle Big----------->74409.050
* 50 Idle Small-------->74403.050
* 70 Pump------------->76215.070 Weber came with the 70 pump

A good rule for adjusting the jets is one stop for every 3000 feet in elevation. Use the main jets for major changes and the air for fine tuning.

I have the 38 DGEV on my 78. I went through tons of $5.00 jets to get it right. The most important thing to check is the adapter that comes with most Webers. It is usually two plates and the screws are too long. You will never be able to cure the vacuum leaks on a Weber unless you grind off the last two threads on both sets of screws. I did this and no longer have any vacuum leaks or that, oh so nice, whistling noise under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom