Hidden dash fan? LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
monkeying around w/ my truck, I noticed when I turn the ign on (but not the engine) I can hear a little fan at the center/top of the dash.

I can feel air blowing thru the middle defrost vents.

The fan is turned off/everything off except that fan. Is this normal?
It turns off w/ I turn off the ign.

It's a cooling fan for the head unit. I can hear it on my 97 LC as well.

If you pull the dash off you can see the fan...pretty cool.

Yeah, I noticed it when I pulled out the dash a few weeks ago too. It is pretty much the exact same type of fan the back of a computer has.

Thanks guys, man I did the same search "dash fan" and didn't find it... my kung fu is weak :(

oh yea.. there were alot of posts with dash fan.. but I also used my user name... only one post came up :) So you're kung fu is strong.. but knowledge and king fu combined rules :)

i just dicovered this fan today!!!
I was looking behind the dash for a good spot to mount a cd player since the double din area is currently occupied ... its in the center dash are ...on the later model dashboards the fan is located right behind the digital clock ...

Im thinking of removing the ac vent and clock and sticking the cd player up there ... the fan will keep it cool ... but considering how dirty it looked im thinking it may just dirty my head unit ...

has anyone checked to see if it blows air down or of it sucks it out?

I pretty sure it blew down onto the radio.... but its been a few months since I've been in there so I could be wrong.

I could feel the air blowing out the top of the dash on mine. Makes sense since heat rises and also, you don't want the fan sucking dust into the dash so... if yours is blowing into the radio, maybe flip the fan :)

Ah, my kung fu is getting stronger ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom