HID headlights in a 24V cruiser?? (1 Viewer)

Has anyone installed HID headlights in their 24V landcruisers? If so where did you purchase them. I have found some kits but am leary of where they are coming from, and the websites I have looked at were kinda shady sounding. Thanks

Try calling these guys: Susquehanna MotorSports they list 24V gear on thier website, so if Hella makes 'em they can get 'em. Be forewarned, any decently reliable HID kit is going to be ~$600 or more. I know for a fact that Hella makes 24V airhorns (I gots one in the BJ74), so chances are thre's a HID kit available in 24V.

If I were made of money I'd be having a good look at these

I was looking into those until I saw the price:doh:, then I started looking into the HID kits. A friend of mine put a set into his truck (they were $100) and man do they look GOOD. He's had them for about 6mos. and so far so good.

I bought a cheap 12v ebay kit ages ago with the idea of putting them in my large spot lights, but then removed the spot lights as they were all rusty. I asked the seller if they suited 24v and he said yes, then they didn't. :-(

My next option is to install them in the inner High beam headlamp and I was fussing over hooking the control boxes up in series until someone suggested switching them with a relay from the 24v and powering them individually from the separate batteries to give each control box the Volts it wants. All sounds a bit too hard at the moment for the amount of night driving I do outback.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom