1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hicks vs. Yuppies

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by hoser, Aug 14, 2006.

1. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

If you have 7 minutes to spare... turn up volume for dialogue...

Two guys in a Toyota harass a couple in a BMW.
    Hicks vs. Yuppies

2. firetruck41

firetruck41

Oh that's funny! Watch all the way to the end.

3. Jman

Jman

"Pitchforks and blowtorches, motherfucker!"

But wow, some people must be bored to do that. . . . .

4. Jman

Jman

LOL, just saw the end. Yeah, that scenario entered my mind.

5. ed97fzj80

ed97fzj80

I never thought it would actually end the way it ought to end. Preparation 1, Random Acts of Stupidity 0.

6. Hot_Eighty_Chick

Hot_Eighty_Chick

7. DuManchu

DuManchu

That was awesome!

8. Relix

Relix

9. DuManchu

DuManchu

After much deliberation, I agree. Found some interesting points about the story while googling it.

* Did anyone notice at the end how an inexplicable change in perspective might have meant a fifth person?

* The banter of the hicks during the initial/opening 'scene' is pretty weak and even when they try and create a rationale for following the BMW, it's really, really thin. You're expected to believe that they have a rationale.

* Honestly, if I kept a gun in my car, I'd probably also have a cell phone and would have called 911 if it seemed I was in imminent danger, rather than try to egg on two misfits in a pickup truck by flipping them off and then driving on a surface that's obviously to my disadvantage.

* The two 'hicks' have two very different modes of speech, IMO. One of them sounds particularly 'hick' Canadian. Obviously, the license plates were blurred, however, if you thought they might be in Canada, then there's little chance a dude is going to have a handgun unless he's law enforcement (that is assuming my understanding of Canadian firearms laws is correct, but then, I'm not Canadian).

* Guy with the camera is focusing too much on his buddy, he's forcing the story perspective on us so that it's more of a suprise when Mr. Man with Gun pops into the scene.

* Body language of the guy with the baseball bat is SO fake and in fact emulates the kind of gangster behavior he thinks is how a bad guy (regardless of race/location) might act.

* My thinking is that the guy with the gun would not have taken the camera, only the tape.

* Oh yeah, and gimme a break, RED SUSPENDERS? Gawsh all o dem hicks like wear dat becuz dats wut hicks iz b warin...

10. Jman

Jman

I'm not sure it's fake. I think that was shot in the burbs around Toronto. You could have a guy in red suspenders and a guy with those insane shorts riding in the same truck. They weren't hicks--hicks don't spend time videotaping s*** like that.

11. Relix

Relix

1: The guys in the pickup weren't hicks they were Candain dumbasses 2: I thought Pistols were against the law in Canada
    3: Real "hicks" would have had a loaded gun rack in the window of their pickup truck & it wouldn't have been a Toyota pickup it would have been a Ford/Chevy or Dodge not a Toyota
    4: That BMW could have turned around at the deadend and made it out of there without having to confront the "hicks"
    5: I don't know how they do things in your neck of the woods but in AZ if you are out numbered and are not sure if you are out gunned you pull into a police station or highly populated place when being chased by a****** looking for trouble instead of a deadend road in the middle of nowhere..

12. Ullr

Ullr

Fake or not it was funny as hell.

13. wob

wob

Rednecks wouldn't have backed down from that gun and been so silent. Rednecks would have gotten in that guys face and dared him to shoot.

They may have been Canadian hicks, but they weren't rednecks. :hillbilly:

14. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
  15. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    not illegal, just 10rd limit.

16. Jman

Jman

Hmmm, the "hicks" air freshener looked a little like your avatar. :flipoff2:

If it's real, I think the guy pulled into a dead end on purpose to show them his little surprise.

17. light_duty

light_duty

In Canada, you can own a handgun but you can't even transport it from home to the range without a permit. I think the usual practice is to lock it up at the range.

Of course, that's if you want to do things legal-like. I remember when my grandfather passed away, some relative sent my Dad his old Webley .38 revolver and a Luger (complete with holster and removable stock) in a wooden crate labeled "Machine Parts". Both gubs are now property of the local museum.

18. okie

okie

\

i know it kinda sounded fake to me. either the guys at the end were scared to death or they were just to lazy for a realistic dialogue ( toyota guys)

good to see those types of guys getting theres for once. a bit extreme though

19. rachel1027

rachel1027 TUT NURSE

mostly i noticed that the guy driving the BMW sucks at driving
    come on, he could have easily outran that yota if he was really trying to get away

20. The Nak

The Nak

I can't get to it, did Google remove it? Does that mean it was possibly real??

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">