"Hi-top", "High-roof" or "Bubble" roof on the 60-series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My chassis is rust free, and I do not care to get into the parts business. I probably need a new roof, and If I go have to go that route, I'll just buy a roof, not a parts vehicle (from the opposite side of the continent, no less) to cut the roof off of and then try to get rid of the rest mysewlf. Silliness, friends, silliness. I'm sure a great deal and a hell of a parts truck, but I am not the man for that job.

Take a trip to the west coast and have it installed while you tour around the country side.(in a rental car)

See Vancouver Island for travel ideas. I'm Sure Radd could fit you in during your vacation time.... :) The Island is beautiful in the summer.

nope, they made a 3rd row with low/standard roof, actaully had 3rd row inward facing jump seats

38043306.jpg

More cargo room, also all third row 60s came with the high roof, I think

Too cool!

10 people in a 60 LOL.

Any one ever see the side facing seats, or have a picture of them?

I would love to throw a side facing seat in the back of mine.

Did the 60's ever come with a front bench seat? It shows three people in the front on right hand side of the pic the landpimp posted.

They must be little people.

Yes!!!

And I just bought one of a fellow mudder :)

They came out in Canada in the early years of 60's.

Yes!!!

And I just bought one of a fellow mudder :)

They came out in Canada in the early years of 60's.

Were they true bench seat or a single/double combo like my 75 ?
This is what the aussie 60 had

I seem to remember 55 having a bench but the passage of time distorts things:D

All (every one I have ever seen) AUS 60's have them. The first is mine, the seond is another.
Sheila interior.jpg
98fa_3.JPG.jpg

Yep, that's what we have in Canada too. Only in 1981 as far as I know. I have my set from from my very first cruiser. I just keep moving them from 60 to 60 'cause I love 'em so much.

The base model (no G on the fender) BJ60s that Canada got in early 81 had the bench but in vinyl and with a rubber floor rather than carpet. They also had the endgate bars to keep yer yunguns from falling out into the snow. All, pretty cool options in my books.

Yah I just bought one.

In vinyl....

Thanks Mat!

I plan to recover it to match my exisiting interior. and use it in the front or use it in the back. Depends how creative it get.

Last edited:
The base model (no G on the fender) BJ60s that Canada got in early 81 had the bench but in vinyl and with a rubber floor rather than carpet. They also had the endgate bars to keep yer yunguns from falling out into the snow. All, pretty cool options in my books.

My 81 Canadian BJ60 came with cloth seats and rubber floors.

The seats need to be recovered, but are for sale once I get the 62 finished.
fj62%20080.jpg
DSC09481.JPG

My 81 BJ60 G trim has stock rubber flooring, the typical buckets, and the child catcher bar on the tail gate. I'd wondered if that bar was stock. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

If anyone is interested in rubber flooring, I'm planning on going with carpet in my swap. It's got the Land Cruiser logo in raised lettering. I'd also part with the child catcher if anyone has an itch for it.

My 81 Canadian BJ60 came with cloth seats and rubber floors.

The seats need to be recovered, but are for sale once I get the 62 finished.

LOL just might smell slightly of dog ass...... but all good anyhow.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom