hi lift or something like it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sams Club has a 48 inch "farm jack" for 25 bucks. it looks like a hi lift, then again I have never seen one up close.

You get what you pay for. Why not pay a tad more and get the real thing? Would hate to have my truck up on a jack then see it fail due to some chineese doing another pisspoor assembly job with inferior materials.

i've found highjacks at pawn shops for $25. in better shape then mine is in too.

I've had several differently branded "high lift" jacks over the years. If it was ever a patented design the patent as long since expired. Just because it does not say High Lift on it doesn't mean that it a cheap imported knockoff. I'm pretty sure that High Lift is not the original. The highest quality jack of thios type that i have owned was not a High Lift unit. Seems like the "Hired Hand" was the most well made if memory serves.

These jacks are simple enough to inspect and form your own opinion as to how well made they are.

Mark...

HF does have some knockoff as well, also around $40 or so IIRC, something like "Farm Jack", made in China.

I bought the Hi-lift one.

This is definitely a tool where I gladly spent the extra $20 on the hope that the brand name one would be better made. I don't think I can tell from looking at it what the quality of the steel is like.

Walked in to local 4WheelParts store and asked for any TLCA, etc. etc. discounts available. I did get my airbags and shocks there so I'm a returning customer. He sold me the 60" red (stronger) Hi-Lift for $57. They retail there for $72.

I got the red one too (ain't much red on it no mo', what crappy paint) but even according to the Hilift site it's not any stronger than the black one... Odd. Perhaps they mean up to the shear pin strength...?

Tractor Supply - $42 every day for the cast iron 48".

Dale Sr said:
You get what you pay for. Why not pay a tad more and get the real thing? Would hate to have my truck up on a jack then see it fail due to some chineese doing another pisspoor assembly job with inferior materials.

Yaa then your truck might slam into a wall or something worse. :D

I've seen the same ones over at Harbor Freight, to cheap. I spent a few bucks more and got a good one on Ebay. IMO for this kind of gear you should never cheap out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom