Hi-lift jack storage solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lets see where and how you store your hi-lift jack. I am particularly interested in interior storage, but post up whatever you have for others to see.

Hi-Lift is on the rear IPOR Bumper.....for trail rides only.

Until I build a rear bumper this is it:hillbilly:
ea441aef.jpg

It's a 60" that has the foot removed by pulling the pin because it rattles.

This is my yet to be completed storage solution. It weighs a little more than 35lbs not including the 60" high lift which acts as forward support for my forward decking.

The finished set up will be very sturdy with relatively easy access to the jack which is rarely used anyhow.

Last edited:
This works OK but does tend to get full of dust and crap being outside on a long trip.

I don't like the idea of anything this heavy floating around the inside of the car in a shunt or roll over, even with a cargo barrier!
jack.jpg

This is my yet to be completed storage solution. It weighs a little more than 35lbs not including the 60" high lift which acts as forward support for my forward decking.

The finished set up will be very sturdy with relatively easy access to the jack which is rarely used anyhow.

Jami, that looks good but IMHO No Way that it's going to be easily accessible when the time comes that you might need it (hopefully never) I had mind in a similar location for a while and I have both rear seats out and a 48" and had a hard time getting to it.

I have my 60" bolted to my cargo box in the rear right at the rear tailgate. Fits across, easy to get to, bolted so as to be safer, and no rust!

Jami, that looks good but IMHO No Way that it's going to be easily accessible when the time comes that you might need it (hopefully never) I had mind in a similar location for a while and I have both rear seats out and a 48" and had a hard time getting to it.

The fact that access is less than as simple as pulling it off of my bumper is a compromise that seems acceptable. The way I look at is if I need it I have it. Even stock arrangements require a little jostling when there is a time of need. This set up holds the 60" bar snapped in securely (the decks clamp down), out of the way, and its strength enables significant weight reduction for my storage solution as well as more storage space (no floor or walls for the storage compartment). The bar is dual use. The last time I needed it was 4 years ago but not for the truck. It was to help jack up a hunting cabin in the mountains to fix its foundation.

Last edited:
619TOY - you just using bolts from those upper tabs? I'd been using Slee's factory rack mounts, but just sold them. Still have the bolts I'd used with them though.

Dave Z - when is your review coming out on the Fourtreks? Looks like about the best solution for the INTI rack, but I'd love to read what you guys have to say.

I used to attach it to the outside of the roof rack but caught a low hanging branch and just about ripped it off once.

Now I've mounted it on the inside and can still fit my canvas luggage bag up there. I'd rather not mount it up there because of the weight, it could get a little tippy. As soon as I get an ARB up front, it's going across the top-bar. I think that's the best place for weight and ease of use.

Cheap attachment is to use bolts through the rack with long-nuts on the inside, then attach with eye-bolts for easy removal.

Dan.
jack_mount_sm1.jpg

I'll post a pic of my Hi-Lift with Slee's stock roof rack mounts. Just wating for Brentbba's package to get here. :D:D

If you tie stuff down there is no need to worry about having stuff in back. I hold the spare down with 2 ratchet straps. i put the highlift jack on top the spare held down by 2 more. the shovel is there too. big tool box is also strapped down as are 4 axleshafts, 2 drivelines, and a birf. I usually have 5 gal of h20 also. I can get the jack out in seconds but how often do you need it? its good to have it there. when I get home all stuff comes out including the spare. If I go on a long trip the 315 mtr goes under the rear and fits (barely).

the best part about this method is the low center of gravity it promotes and when I get home all my stuff is clean

if you put strong locking carbiners on the 3rd seat monts (took the seats out) as well as a couple biners on some webbing tied to the 2nd seat mounting brackets and you use the 3rd seat mounting bars....you have limitless possibilites and still have tons of room for other gear.

and 3 37" swampers will fit back there too. now I have 5

Last edited:
attachment.php

Gets covered in dust and mud but a quick spray with WD40 gets it going again.

well, I had spent some time figuring out a good way to keep it inside across the 2d row footwell. Was fine but ended up in the way a lot. So the latest iteration is on the roof rack now. Happy with that except for possible rust in the rain. But not too bad. I just spray some CLP on it and it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom