Hi-Lift Jack Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is what I did with mine. Might be a bit hard to see, so I will explain. It is strapped to the top of my storage box. It is not going anywhere quickly.
DSC_0016.jpg

Xtreme -

Charcoal Metallic Powder-Coat Finish-provides a truly unique look that separates it from the standard Hi-Lift.

Gold Zinc-Coat Hardware-all the hardware, the unique winch-clamp-spreader attachment, and the handle are gold zinc-coated to ensure the greatest rust resistance from extreme use.

I guess you can buy a hi-lift jack that is already powder coated. The Xtreme. It is all cast but black.

X-TREME

I'd say that it's more blue-ish than black. Just my opinion. I have the 60" extreme, and I love it.

I just mounted an extreme on my rear about two weeks ago and it is showing a little rust on the corners. :( I may clean it off and put something on it to see if I can stop it before I start storing it inside.

Doesn't everything rust in Seattle?

I live in the desert and my high lift that I bought from 4 wheel parts looks new, other than the faded look. Seattle is all about moisture, which equals rust. :doh: I suggest just mounting it to the inside of your tailgate or something, that way it stays dry and is easy to get to.

They rust. It isn't a big deal. 50 year old totally rusted high lifts still work great if the pins can move and are lubed.

The very best way to carry a high lift is to keep it in the garage. Mount it on your truck only for off road trips. Even so, the mechanism will tend to be gummed up when you need it. Always carry spray lube and apply before you use it. Silicone spray works well, I currently like Boeshield the best as it seems to prevent some rust.

On new ones, the powder coat needs to wear off a bit before it will operate smoothly. I recommend jacking something heavy up and down a few times before you take it out where you might really need it and wear down the powder coat. There is kind of a break in period.

I have an all cast high-lift but it's black. You know, the tactical version. I got it in an old hardware store in Mammoth California. Funny I've never seen another like it.

But with all of that said, the very best way to carry a high lift is on your buddy's truck. Really, that's best. In your truck carry something actually useful, like an extra Toyota screw jack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ7fgW5QNl4

I use the foot to help hold the spare in place on my Xcab Mini. The rest of my 60" version is very helpful at keeping the concrete behind the garage from floating away while also supporting the cinder block wall to keep it vertical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom