Hi-Lift jack mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay - now I have ran out of question I am going to have to buy one of these things.

I truly appreciate the thought that went into this product, that the finish looks great, and that it's made in the USA, but I can't fathom spending half again what I paid for a new hi-lift jack on a mount. I guess if money wasn't an object, I'd definately get one. Any chance that the price will ever get reduced? I could always "test one out" on my rig on washboard roads for say "a few years" or some other "indescriminent amount of time", then do a write-up for "some toyota product testing blog" before returning the mount (not).

Ok, I think that is a cool mount. Uhmmm however, I made me a redneck one a couple of years ago for nearly free. I already had two holes in the side of the cowl there from some PO and when I thought about it it just made sense, so I put the jack there and put two long 5/16 stainless all-thread bolts thru. Put a washer on each side of the jack, then a nut on the back side of the jack to hold it tight. Then another nut and fender washer on the outside of the cowl to create and MAINTAIN the spacing. Finally a fender washer and nut on the inside of the cowl to keep the jack there. It allows the door to open, the kick vent, and even the windshield to fold down with out a problem. YES it makes it easy to steal if someones walks around with a 1/2 inch wrench...well two in their back pocket. However where I live its not such a high crime area that I really worry to much about it. To make it more secure I thought about drilling a hole in the inside end of the bolt to put a cotter pin or something to deter someone futher. Ok, wait someone did "steal" it once, my brother to change his 46 Willy's tire! He put it back so well and even added a zip tie on the handle like I had that I didn't even notice...he had to tell me ;)
Dig it for cheap redneck ingenuity!
Jackmount.JPG
Jackmount2.JPG

Oh, if anyone can figure out why the PO had those series of holes in the side anyway I will send you your very own Redneck Highlift Jack Kit, you only have to drill the holes :)

Not trying to discount the very cool FJMount... I'm just cheap ;)

Those holes look like they line up on a jerry can holder.

Brian in Oregon
Those holes look like they line up on a jerry can holder.

piecemeal
I'm thinkin' antennae mounting holes

Sorry BrianinOregon, including the holes where the Jack is that makes 6 total holes, my jerry can holder only takes 4...and not exactly the same hole pattern.
piecemeal...how many antennae's does someone need? Also, to small.

:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom