HI Lift jack mount under $15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

xlx

SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg
View attachment 1846081View attachment 1846082 View attachment 1846081 View attachment 1846082 Here's a low budget rock solid inside mount using the 3rd row seat brackets and common hard wear cable clamps, lock washers and wing nuts. It's all steel and cheap. It keeps your jack secure and inside from the elements and sticky hands. Wrap some duct tape on the brackets before putting the cable clamps on and tighten it down snug. You will have enough room to put the jack between the clamp ends and secure it with wing nuts. A little square of rubber between the wing nuts will keep things quite. Can't use the back seat while mounted, but with a twist of 2 wing nuts, you can remove the jack. Took me all of 10 minutes to install and I had parts left over.

View attachment 1846080

View attachment 1846081

View attachment 1846082

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice

In case of accident?

Those bolts are in shear if in an accident. highly unlikely to break. looks like a good cheap option. might have to steal this for my low profile build.

It's a little hard to tell from the angle of the pics, but it looks like the middle row seats have to folded down, and then rolled forward in order to mount the Hi-Lift the way you have it, OP? Is that right? That looks like a mighty convenient and secure location, but wouldn't work for me if I have to roll the seats forward. Good option for those who can, though. Thanks for posting the pics and the hardware needed receipt.
Nice contribution!
:cheers:

It's a little hard to tell from the angle of the pics, but it looks like the middle row seats have to folded down, and then rolled forward in order to mount the Hi-Lift the way you have it, OP? Is that right? That looks like a mighty convenient and secure location, but wouldn't work for me if I have to roll the seats forward. Good option for those who can, though. Thanks for posting the pics and the hardware needed receipt.
Nice contribution!
:cheers:
I usually have the middle seats folded up. This is my wheeling rig. The seat almost folds down over the handle, but not quite. You could probably slide the handle thru the seat opening with the seats in place, but the passenger would be sitting next to the jack handle. The bolts are probably thicker and stronger than the factory mount. If this gets loose during an accident, you will have bigger problems on your hands than a loose jack. P.s. There is a band aid in the first aid kit in case of decapitation HaHa.

I like it. What size hi lift? I also like your floor mat. I did something similar for my 5th gen 4rnr.
It's the standard 48" cast Hi Lift Jack. I got the black diamond plate rubber mat from Auto Zone or Advance Auto. It's thin enough to cut and tuck in under underneath the trim. The thick black mat on top I got from Tractor Supply. It's a horse stall mat. Very thick and provides insulation and cushion for sleeping in the back. It can also be pulled out and used for a work mat while making field repairs. Keeps you off the mud or snow if you have to get under the rig for anything.

In case of accident?

Our compressor (Puma) mount uses the same exact bolts, with a PUMA mounted its about 35lbs. The Hi-lift is a 30lbs per manufactures web site. We have had 80 series is several accidents rolled over sideways and end over end and reused our mount.

Pumamountedpass_zps36681085.jpg

Our compressor (Puma) mount uses the same exact bolts, with a PUMA mounted its about 35lbs. The Hi-lift is a 30lbs per manufactures web site. We have had 80 series is several accidents rolled over sideways and end over end and reused our mount.

Pumamountedpass_zps36681085.jpg

thats a good point, just don't want to get impaled by a hilift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom