Hi! I'm new here... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I've been lurking around here since I acquired a 100 Series in June of 2018. Decided it was finally time to create an account and give back (though there's not much I can offer at the moment...). The cruiser is our family's "extra" vehicle, so it's mainly for getting out of town and having some offroad adventures. I'm hoping to have it built up enough to take to Baja for a 2/3-week trip in October. Lots to do before then... Here's some vehicle details for those who may care:

2001 w/ 188k miles
Mostly stock at the moment, but I've made the following modifications:
- Added second battery and isolator
- Ran 12V circuits off secondary battery circuit to trunk area for Morningstar cooler and 12V/USB ports
- Just did the nav delete this week, installed ATOTO A6 Pro Android head unit. Removed DVD drive, keeping the factory amp, waiting on new front speakers to arrive this week.
- Removed CD changer from center console this morning, 3D printing a pocket to put in its place right now. (May add a VHF radio here down the line)
- Removed roof rack this morning, hoping to build one out of 3/4" square tube within the next few week. Will post photos of that build.

Next up (Ideally all done by October, time permitting):
- Build roof rack, including internal wiring for lights and cameras all around. Mounts for hi-lift/shovel/etc to be included. I've had a 50" curved light bar sitting in the basement for a year because I don't have a good way to mount it. Can't wait to put it on using the roof rack!
- Add USB ports to back side of center console above cupholders. Designing a 3D-printed part for this today.
- 2.5" OME lift w/ Slee diff drop (money and go-ahead from wife already secured. Just need to find the time...)
- 285/75/16 tires, undecided on which exactly, but KO2's and A/TX's are the frontrunners
- "Digital switchpanel" for lights and cameras. Which basically means installing a Raspberry Pi or similar which is connected to all of my control relays. It can host a webpage which I can pull up on the ATOTO head unit so that I can view individual camera feeds (reduces need for spotter sometimes) or switch individual or groups of lights on and off without requiring a large bank of physical switches. It would also be fairly trivial to add an accelerometer and have a screen showing forward/side tilt and G-forces. I can probably put the Pi under the passenger seat where the DVD drive was. I'll be happy to share information on how to do this with anyone who is interested. This was the main reason for getting rid of the nav and swapping in a head unit with a browser.
- Sliders. Undecided if I'll build from scratch, build from a kit, or save the time and just buy them pre-built.
- Winch. I'm working on ideas for making it movable from the front tow-bar receivers (on it from the previous owner) to the rear hitch. Would love to hear opinions/tips on that.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed knowledge to these boards, especially the Pre-03 Nav delete thread!

Also, if anyone has tips for trails on the front range of Colorado that are open year-round, I'd love to know about them! All I know at the moment is Yankee Hill. Attached are some pictures from Storm Mountain Dr and somewhere else I can't remember the name of right now.

40777960_10106404881178673_2445627109318590464_o.jpg

40663986_10106404881717593_2652651203070001152_o.jpg

40756489_10106404881513003_8746687326207344640_o.jpg

You said you didn't have much to offer but i disagree, we're suckers for a nice story and pictures and you delivered.

Don't forget to add wildpeak at3w on the short list for 33's. In research one of the best bang for buck which is why i went with them. Next time i might go 34's at 305/70/16 but still got half the life left to decide.

I'll be happy to share information on how to do this with anyone who is interested. This was the main reason for getting rid of the nav and swapping in a head unit with a browser.

MOST DEFINITELY. Sounds amazing.

Welcome!
I was down near the Springs last week, drove home up through Woodland Park and Deckers. Not much snow down that way. I'm thinking about going back that way and poke around the Rainbow Falls area.
I also want to do the same around the BV area. There are some trails, albeit not technical, in the Four Mile Creek area. If you want some company shoot me a PM.

I'd also like to do a Baja trip again soon. Love that place.

Welcome!
I was down near the Springs last week, drove home up through Woodland Park and Deckers. Not much snow down that way. I'm thinking about going back that way and poke around the Rainbow Falls area.
I also want to do the same around the BV area. There are some trails, albeit not technical, in the Four Mile Creek area. If you want some company shoot me a PM.

I'd also like to do a Baja trip again soon. Love that place.

I've played around a little by BV. There's plenty to run out there! Will let you know next time I head that way.

I've played around a little by BV. There's plenty to run out there! Will let you know next time I head that way.

The area above BV (sevenmile) and the entire east range between BV and Salida via Aspen Ridge is amazing. Can run trails in that area for days. LOVE that area of Colorado. Heck, there's a way to go off-road from Salida all the way to Colorado Springs with only 10 miles of pavement. Did it last summer and it's incredible.

I did a little BV outing today 🤫.
A7DAC5BA-1675-46D3-AC6A-B40AA55ECC07.jpeg

Let me know when you do and I’ll meet up with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom