Hi guys I'needing help 78FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess it can happen, somones rig is as rusty as mine! Definately clean it up and go from there. I have been toying with the idea of tubing the back half of the 40 and keeping the original lines (or close to it).

I guess it can happen, somones rig is as rusty as mine! Definately clean it up and go from there. I have been toying with the idea of tubing the back half of the 40 and keeping the original lines (or close to it).

Ok so today was the day :hillbilly: hope you guys like the pic! I think the tub is done. it was a lot of work I was by me self and a got a late start I like to sleep to much hahahaha

P4090236.jpg

P4090239.jpg

P4090241.jpg

P4090242.jpg

P4090244.jpg

P4090246.jpg

P4090247.jpg

P4090248.jpg

P4090249.jpg

P4090253.jpg

P4090255.jpg

P4090257.jpg

P4090267.jpg

P4090271.jpg

P4090273.jpg

P4090275.jpg

P4090276.jpg

P4090278.jpg

P4090281.jpg

One of the member here in the forum guide me to www.pacolonline.com the prices for the tub look very good and the pics look awesome. what I'm not so sure is this.

The tub comes ready to be install, you remove all the rust from thebpillar back. Comes with the supports under the floor. The railing comesre-enforced so you can drill and tap the holes for the hard tub and thebucket seats. It doesn't come with the holes pre-drilled for the emblems,corner reflectors and side markers, so if you don't want to use them don'thave a problem with extra holes.

What do you guys think about that????

i just move from florida to puerto rico,but i have my 2 fj40 at a friend house, but if you need more help let me know i can bring you a few phone numbers of the people of FLCA. also i guess you know Leo he have an 80. hope you deal with that tub.

That Pacol tub sounds like an option if you are capable of what needs to happen to get it to mate up. I've met Oscar and he seems like a great guy and I've heard nothing bad from people who have dealt with him.

On the 4.5L swap, I'm not sure there are adapters available to mate it to a H42. You would have to get it with whatever 5-speed it was mated to from the factory (H151F or something?? - not a US option) or an auto (from a US-spec 80 series).

That Pacol tub sounds like an option if you are capable of what needs to happen to get it to mate up. I've met Oscar and he seems like a great guy and I've heard nothing bad from people who have dealt with him.

On the 4.5L swap, I'm not sure there are adapters available to mate it to a H42. You would have to get it with whatever 5-speed it was mated to from the factory (H151F or something?? - not a US option) or an auto (from a US-spec 80 series).

well that is good to know about the pacol tubs. I don't think I'm going to be doing the body work or at least not the all of it.

on the swap I don't know. I don't want an auto. I was hoping to get an adapter untill a can get my hands in a 5 speed :crybaby:

OK I did a little work today. completed disassembly and started sand blasting, front is looking good but the back is really bad I don't think I going to do the sand blasting in the back just the front.
what should I spray in the body and where can I get it. after the sand blast?

P4110293.jpg

P4110294.jpg

P4110295.jpg

P4110297.jpg

Hi guys, Can somebody advise me what type of primer to use. I know marine primer is the best. is there a brand or a aplication that is better
thanks for the help

Since you are in FL and any bare metal will probably flash rust in minutes. I would hit the freshly blasted parts with a weldable primer. Are you now planning to patch that tub or still going to replace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom