Hi everybody.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What’s up guys, I am new to this forum but have had my LC for quite sometime now, I really don’t try to do much off roading with our LX, as for that would just cost too much to repair if I were to damage it lol. and my other car is just too dam low to get it over speed bumps let alone any unpaved road.. Here are some pictures from today, went on a lil hike/picnic and did a lil off roading as well, hope you guys enjoy...

Tommy

(this is to all the serious off roaders, I know I might seem like a Panzy with the pictures below so my advanced apologies for not having any really cool pictures, but I was dam proud of my rig for what it did today being 100% bone stock) :grinpimp:

This picture does not do this trail justice, it was pretty steep and it was so washed out.

Last edited:
Welcome, Lexiss! Where is this trail? I'm guessing around Angeles National Forest...?

yup.. above Castaic Lake off the I-5, the exit is named Lake Huges/ Casaic lake..... all you need is one of those one day "adventure" passes....

Tommy,

Congrats. Looks like you had fun and that's what matters. We all started somewhere. Nice looking 80.

Regards

Alvaro

Welcome nice looking 80 glad to hera you are having fun.

Nice rig! Like Alvaro said, everyone starts somewhere.

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

:D

Welcome, you will find this site helpful as you make mods, work on problems and also when you need a little humor.

The search function is a great tool. Use the search item above, select the advanced button select the 80's section in tech and type key words for what you are looking for.

Thanks a lot guys, I am starting to get to know all of you guys but from the little browsing I have done I already know that La Cabra is a beast. Much respect to you Alvaro, your car looks great, I cant forget Doug and Ken your rigs are beast on their own its just that LA cabra has more cool Pics, lol. Keep up the good work boys, and for those who are around me in LA like alaskacruiser and others, lets set up a meet, maybeh a BBQ out on the trail... Im game for anything on the weekends.

Tommy

Tommy,

For some reason, the pics did not load while I waited (I'm not very patient :D).... ;)

Welcome aboard!

Mot

mot- pics load fine here.

I had some issues with pics loading too. Hit-r-miss. They're coming up now, but they weren't before...

:flipoff2:
Other than that putrid green, it looks like a nice truck (not a CAR). Keep the LX470 stock and use it for groceries and mall runs. It will serve you well in that capacity.

Now, get busy on the 80 and post up some pics when it grows some hair on it's chest; lift, tyres, sliders, bumpers, and all that good stuff. :D

-B-

Beowulf said:
Other than that putrid green, it looks like a nice truck

-B-

Humph.......... :ban:

Sooner or later you WILL need another part, won't you...... ;)

cruiserdan said:
Sooner or later you WILL need another part, won't you...... ;)

As a matter of fact, my putrid green Tacoma needs a new brake pedal and wiper inserts. I might as well start picking up some common spares too.

Will I still get my HDC 75% discount off of list?

-B-

alaskacruiser said:
mot- pics load fine here.

I see them fine now (different comp.)

Tommy,

Looks like a nice rig, except the color as Beo stated. ;)

Mot

Nice Rig,
I bet it's pretty warm down there huh?
There is a inexpensive tempeture guage mod being writen about on the board right now. There is always a first mod. :flipoff2:
Steven

Looks good. I remember when I first got mine. I thought I would keep it stock. Next came tires, then lift, then bumper, etc....

Tommy.

Here is a pic of my wife driving La Cabra, the weekend after I got the sliders and the 2.5 medium lift kit on. We took on part of the Rubicon Trail, no lockers, no off road tires. The plate was a Xmas gift from her.

Take it easy, you'll get there.

Regards

Alvaro

Wentworth2.jpg

alvarorb said:
Tommy,

Congrats. Looks like you had fun and that's what matters. We all started somewhere. Nice looking 80.

Regards

Alvaro

Agreed - be careful, MUD is addictive as are mods! I started out exactly like you, only I have a good looking White LC. :flipoff2: Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom