Hi everybody/ rough shaking at idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I’m new the forum as well as Landcruiser ownership. I love my truck, and so far everyone I’ve met in the community is so friendly and willing to help where they can. It’s really great to be here. I bought a one-owner, meticulously maintained 01 LX470 with 273,000 miles back in September. I blew the front diff the third time I took it to the trails. I put in a junkyard diff from a non-accident 01 LX470 with around 200,000 miles about a week ago. Ever since then the truck shakes very hard when the engine is at idle speed, but as soon as I rev it even the smallest amount it stops shaking. My AC has stopped working (it blows, just not cold), and I have a squeak from my serpentine belt on the right side of the motor. I at first thought that it could be a bad motor mount, but the engine itself doesn’t shake any more than usual, and the shaking stops when you rev it. At this point I’m kinda stumped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, y’all.

when you say idle speed or “rev it”, is the truck in park when you do this? Or is it on drive and moving?

Rough idle is usually a fueling problem or ignition.

The usual suspects:
Vacuum leak
Worn out sparkplugs
Ignition coil(s) on the verge of failing
Dirty fuel injectors
Overdue fuel filter change

Reactions: jLB
Hi everyone, I’m new the forum as well as Landcruiser ownership. I love my truck, and so far everyone I’ve met in the community is so friendly and willing to help where they can. It’s really great to be here. I bought a one-owner, meticulously maintained 01 LX470 with 273,000 miles back in September. I blew the front diff the third time I took it to the trails. I put in a junkyard diff from a non-accident 01 LX470 with around 200,000 miles about a week ago. Ever since then the truck shakes very hard when the engine is at idle speed, but as soon as I rev it even the smallest amount it stops shaking. My AC has stopped working (it blows, just not cold), and I have a squeak from my serpentine belt on the right side of the motor. I at first thought that it could be a bad motor mount, but the engine itself doesn’t shake any more than usual, and the shaking stops when you rev it. At this point I’m kinda stumped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, y’all.
when you say idle speed or “rev it”, is the truck in park when you do this? Or is it on drive and moving?
Both. It will shake at idle in neutral, park and in gear. And then it stops shaking as soon as you give it any power, whether it’s in gear or not. I’ll check when I get home to get a specific number but it stops shaking somewhere from 1100-1500rpm

Clean maf sensor,throttle body,change fuel filter,inspect spark plugs and coils,add seafoam to fuel.Report back…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom