HG replacement - OEM parts source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to tackling the bad head gasket on my 92. Got the head off yesterday, and off to machine shop this morning. Want to say thanks to this forum for giving me the confidence to tackle this, as I’ve never torn this far into anything before. Now for the fun part. Does anyone have any contacts or recommendations for OEM parts?

I guess Beno isn’t accepting any new mud clients, so that plan I’ve had is now out the window. Haven’t had great experiences at my local stealer-ship and have a pretty decent sized list of parts I need to get ASAP.

A75E89DC-13A6-4484-A8BD-6EF184DCC05A.jpeg

Have fun, I just recently did the head gasket and replaced the head on my 92 too. What all parts do you need? I got my replacement head from the classifieds on here and all the new seals/gaskets from NAPA. Didn't need anything else really

Have fun, I just recently did the head gasket and replaced the head on my 92 too. What all parts do you need? I got my replacement head from the classifieds on here and all the new seals/gaskets from NAPA. Didn't need anything else really

I’m going to replace all the gaskets, (valve grind kit, I guess) hoses, my thermostat housing broke, probably water pump, and a few other things. Mine sat for 8 years before I bought it. Resurrected it about a year ago and then the HG went. Still need to do quite a bit to get it where I want it. I bought a Felpro HG, but am chickening out on running a non OEM one after reading everything I’ve read here.

felpro are pretty good, no personal experience with them, but you could also look into getting a cosmic gasket. rockauto may have a head set for the truck that would include all or most of the gaskets that you would need, if they have it try for the beck-arnley

felpro are pretty good, no personal experience with them, but you could also look into getting a cosmic gasket. rockauto may have a head set for the truck that would include all or most of the gaskets that you would need, if they have it try for the beck-arnley

Dont do this

Go OEM here. Too deep to be cheap IMO

Cometic is the mfg of acceptable aftermarket gasket as well. Likely not necessary but quality id trust.

Make sure you machine the head and check the block to make sure it' totally flat. If you can't get OEM, Id get a Felpro. I order the majority of my OWN parts online from dealership parts websites.
Also A Cometic head gasket will only work if you machine both the block and head.

Yeah, I think I’m definitely sold on OEM. I bought the felpro a while back, but the too deep to be cheap thing makes sense here. It wasn’t an awful lot of fun getting the head off. I don’t want to do it again. I’m definitely not getting the block done too, so I’m going the OEM route for sure. Looking at the dealership links you all recommended. Thanks! They all seem pretty close to each other price-wise. Some show discontinued on some of the parts I need, while others have them. Weird.

Hey, does anyone have a list of all the coolant hoses on the 3FE? They’re proving difficult to look up on the websites. Most of mine are super-swollen and in pretty bad shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom