HFS vs. OME lift kit?

Visit site
@1911
Thanks for the info. I haven't changed much on the truck in years and I'm pretty happy with they way it is right now. So I think that's all ok. Just got to decide if it's worth the extra money as far as smooth/soft ride goes. If I knew Alcan springs were better I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra $$$.

chupacabra
Visit site
@1911
Thanks for the info. I haven't changed much on the truck in years and I'm pretty happy with they way it is right now. So I think that's all ok. Just got to decide if it's worth the extra money as far as smooth/soft ride goes. If I knew Alcan springs were better I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra $$$.

Better is pretty subjective. I wouldn't say they're the be-all and end-all of leaf springs, but they will make whatever you want if you know exactly what you want. If you don't need something specific and custom, your money will go farther somewhere else.

chupacabra
Visit site
What made you decide to get springs from Alcan? Was there something specific you wanted? What did you use for shackles, shocks and bushings?

I wanted a 3" lift not a 4", and I knew that I was putting on front and rear steel bumpers, a heavy winch, a skid plate, etc. and would be carrying jerry cans, tools and supplies for a week at a time off-road, with a passenger. It's a pretty stiff ride without all that extra weight of a 4WD trip. :meh:

I bought extended anti-inversion shackles from either Man-A-Fre or Spector, I forget which now. Bilstein shocks, Alcan supplied the poly bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom