HFS bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Non-winch version on my '76:
IMG_0457 (Small).jpg

My cruiser is in storage, but if I recall when I looked at it, it looks like it is 1/4" plate bent in a break. It is one hell of a solid bumper!

45HFS

The c channel does have square edges. You would have to bend some 3/8'' to look like the HFS. I bought the HFS, but have used many others.
2008 012.jpg

I just bought 5' wide ship c-channel and I'm going to try my fabricating skills at making a similar bumper to the HFS one. My plan so far is cut it down to 48' but I'm not sure if that might be a little long for that kind of a bumper. The cheapest pair of clevis mounts I've found so far are from AtoZ fabrication for $24.95. Does anyone know of board members that might make clevis mounts? I'd rather support the mud community.

It is a 4" lift with extended shackles. I think the lift is Skyjacker and the shackles are from 4Plus. The tires are old school Bfg mt's 33-10.50.

There is a link to my build thread in my signature. I put some of those things on that truck so long ago I can't recall some of the specifics. It's hell getting old...

I am currently re-building my 1982 FJ40 and I like the HFS bumper, but they do not deliver to my country. So I will one myself but I would appreciate if someone can provide me with the exact dimensions (Steel thickness, length, width) and the dimensions of the winch steel plate.

Thanks,

HFS Bumper here as well. I've been really impressed with its good looks and sturdiness. I got mine as a "blem" from CCOT for a little cheaper than top quality. My bumper had a couple of small flaws with the powder coating but nothing that was even noticeable at all. I like mine alot. They are pricey but worth it.

IMG_1194.JPG

I decided to have a friend help me build a custom bumper for my 40. Living overseas does not allow me to have such items shipped and I also have a Saginaw power steering that needed to be accounted for. My opinion is have someone help you if you don't have the tools needed to fabricate. Not only will you get exactly what you want but there are no suprises when it comes to mounting (winch, power steering or other mods)
Here is mine we just completed and wanted a Matt black finish:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Land Cruiser finished 009.JPG
I went with the basic JT outfitters bumper, can't beat the price and the fit was good. Tougher than stock . The stock hooks do any job you want, Why D rings? I mounted my 8274 lower for airflow with a heavy duty cradle/ skid plate, 3/16" bumper is all I would want to go it's plenty heavy duty and I would rather damage bumper than damage frame. This bumper is less wide than stock but not short as the HFS. This is the same width as the winch bumper version. I think the JTO winch photo looks deceptively wide. With my winch cradle mount I have room to carry the extra gallon of antifreeze mix..just in case.

View attachment 1308765

bumper 171.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1308767 I went with the basic JT outfitters bumper, can't beat the price and the fit was good. Tougher than stock . The stock hooks do any job you want, Why D rings? I mounted my 8274 lower for airflow with a heavy duty cradle/ skid plate, 3/16" bumper is all I would want to go it's plenty heavy duty and I would rather damage bumper than damage frame. This bumper is less wide than stock but not short as the HFS. This is the same width as the winch bumper version. I think the JTO winch photo looks deceptively wide. With my winch cradle mount I have room to carry the extra gallon of antifreeze mix..just in case.

View attachment 1308765

View attachment 1308771

How wide (deep) is the top of that bumper?

Thanks,

Warren

I have bought this bumper twice. I think it is a great price point considering all the bumpers that are out there.
Here is mine with a Warn XD 9000

A88C4B02-8C1E-4A30-8D28-78CFF7B390C0.jpeg

I’ve seen this bumper with black shackles. Did yours come as pictured or were they black and you switched them out?

I do not recall if the shackles came with the bumper or not. Either way I did not switch them out.
They either came with the bumper this way or I purchased separately.

The winch and winch plate were already on the 40 when I bought it. Here is the before photo

0A3E9F2F-579D-4EFC-99DC-B8E6874B4517.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom