HF2AV transfer case, 100 series and 80 series interchangable?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by RavenTai, Nov 8, 2005.

1. RavenTai

RavenTai

Does anybody know if the HF2AV from a 97 80 series is interchangeable with a HF2AV from a 98 100? the t-case from the 80 woudl be going in the 100. don’t mind swapping over accessory pieces like drive shaft flanges or the actuator and brackets and what not, but a different connection to the transmission or something similar would be a deal killer.

Thanks for any info :beer:

2. powderpig

powderpig SILVER Star

You will be installing a viscous coupler in the 100. All the 100 series I have seen do not have th big output tail housing that hold the VC. I have not taken a t-case off the 100 series yet, but do not see the swap as a problem. Two areas of concern is the output flange to the rear may be different as the 100 series drive shaft uses the same u-joint as the front instead of the big u-joint that is on the 80 drive shaft, I think the flange is the same, but could be wrong. You may have to shorten the rear drive shaft a few inches to accomadate the length of the VC. Trannies are the same family, as well as the t-case, both should be the spud shaft style that will just pull off the tranny after removing the 6 bolts. Just my thoughts, but not totally sure. good luck robbie

3. RavenTai

RavenTai

Oh I thought the 100 did have the VC. Robbie Thanks very much for the info,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.