HF floor jack rebuild? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
I've got the standard orange, 2.5 ton, Harbor Freight floor jack. Couple months ago I noticed oily fluid in a pool underneath it. Went to use it and it was not lifting as quickly as it had, so, the oil has leaked out. I cannot figure out from where though. I put some weight on it and watched around the piston, figuring that the o-ring around that would be the likely culprit since it's horizontal, but couldn't see anything seeping out. How difficult to rebuild one of these? Just get a new o-ring and refill with jack oil/hydraulic fluid/Mobil 1?

I've got the standard orange, 2.5 ton, Harbor Freight floor jack. Couple months ago I noticed oily fluid in a pool underneath it. Went to use it and it was not lifting as quickly as it had, so, the oil has leaked out. I cannot figure out from where though. I put some weight on it and watched around the piston, figuring that the o-ring around that would be the likely culprit since it's horizontal, but couldn't see anything seeping out. How difficult to rebuild one of these? Just get a new o-ring and refill with jack oil/hydraulic fluid/Mobil 1?
Harbor Freight has the rebuild kits. Easy peasy.

Might go rummaging through your garage. I think mine came with replacement seals when I purchased it.

Might go rummaging through your garage. I think mine came with replacement seals when I purchased it.
Mine did, but what wore out were the gears that allow the pressure to be decreased to lower it. Just a lot of use I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom