Hey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, for some reason I couldn't reply to my own post. Said I wasn't logged in but most everwhere else I was.

I know what you guys are saying about the whole "bling-bling" thing. That is what I am avoiding. Most guys at my school have the Chevy and Fords jacked up 5" or so with BF Mudds and what not but otherwise the car isn't at all suited for off-roading. The maintimance on the TLC is quite up-to-date. Recently the knuckle that holds the fluid that lubes the ball joint on the front started leaking and that cost some money just to get two seals. Repairs haven't been bad at all and for the most part I'm careful with what I do with it. Oh and by the way, SC is South Carolina for you yanks. As for the OME shocks, should I get firm or medium? Also what are some good tyres to get for say 60% on road? I was thinking along the lines of BF A/Ts or something similar. I'll get some pics the the crusher eventually. If there are any other TLC owners in SC or NC or some place around here send me an e~mail sometime. I'd like to learn more about the different trails around here. I know Tellico but that's about it. Thanks guys for your help.

A/Ts = :nono: :puke:

Go MT/R for a good all around tire, or Swamper for a real tire.

Where in SC are you?

Are these prices too high?

285/75/16

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM $213.99
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R $164.99

That's about what I paid for the MT/R from tirerack.com (I found a $20 coupon on the web somewhere)
I haven't found the BFGs for near that price. From my experience, you won't find much variation in the price of the BFGs.

I disagree with Rogue on A/t's. It all depends on what you do. I like my bfg a/t because they are good on the highway, good on the trail and great in snow. They also wear better and are also a whole heck of a lot cheaper than mt/r.

285/75/16

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM  $213.99  
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R  $164.99  [/quote]

That's what I paid for my MT/R's from the local Sam's Club (Walmart)

BFG Mud Terrains cost as least as much or more around here. :-/

Disagree with me?

piss2.gif
Rogue
piss.gif

It's trendy, go with it!

Rogue, you know I love you even if you are pretty ugly in your avatar.

Jon, for really cheap BFG AT's leave the country. Mine cost $790 canadian for 4, installed and hs balanced including all tax. That's about $500US. Would almost pay for the road trip.

Once again, it's not me!

:killtard:

I got my last set of Goodyerar Wrangler M/T's in 305/70/16 for 69 bucks a piece. Of course they are a discontinued design and I found the last 4 in the country in 3 different states. But for the price, it was worth the effort.  :G

Once again, it's not me!
And I thought we had a celebrity on the board. Next you'll be telling me that's not really fj40crusher's butt... 8)

:GNope. Not his butt!!! :G

Actually, it's my future girlfriends butt.

I guess I will go with the Wranglers. And with the shocks is it a good idea to go ahead and get the firm ones? Also are the caster correction bushings a must or a highly reccomend accessory? Also what about the extended break lines? heh, sorry about all the questions but as you can see I'm quite new to the whole TLC stuff.

Jon,

>> And with the shocks is it a good idea to go <<
>> ahead and get the firm ones? <<

Yes, go with the OME firm. There are 2 lengths. The easiest is the standard length shock which is the same length as stock Toyota (OEM.)

>> Also are the caster correction bushings a must <<
>> or a highly reccomend accessory? <<

Highly recommended by Slee offroad if you lift the truck.

>> Also what about the extended break (sic) lines? <<

You can stay with the stock brake lines unless you select the OME "L" shocks. With the L-shocks you have several things that have to be done to avoid problems with the 2" additional axle droop. The brake lines are one of them.

>> sorry about all the questions but as you can see <<
>> I'm quite new to the whole TLC stuff. <<

All good questions though.

-B-

Jon,

You can stay with the stock brake lines unless you select the OME "L" shocks. With the L-shocks you have several things that have to be done to avoid problems with the 2" additional axle droop. The brake lines are one of them.

-B-

I had problems with length of the stock brake lines with the stanard OME shocks. There just wasn't enough length on the front but the rear was ok.

hey Rick,i have seen several mentions of the extended brake lines for the 80 series but never found a good p/n on the web....is there a standard p/n for the front and rear that i can save for when i do my lift or will i just have to "phone"sombody wheen i want to order?

thanks

doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom