Hey Stan! Look what i found. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
rear-shot.jpg

close-up.jpg

recovery-point.jpg

bracket.jpg

Features:
- Sturdy Chassis Mounts
- Heavy Gauge Steel Construction
- Anodized Alloy Anti-Slip Step Tread
- HiLift Jack Points on Chassis Mounts
- Standard Heavy Duty Recovery Point
- Chassis Mounts incorporate tie down points
- High Tensile Fasteners Included in Installation Kit
- Standard in Satin Black Powder Coat (Shown Colour Coded)
- Optional Towbar in Development
- Weight 30kg

Note – OEM reverse sensors malfunction in a steel bar so are unable to be reinstalled.

Estimated Street Price of $875.

ARB will start taking pre orders Friday April 19th. THAT'S TODAY!??!?!?!??! *(friday?)

No swing out i can see yet for it.

This is from a thread on Expeditionportal.

any good place to buy that bolt-on recovery point?

the ones I remember from EE are only 3 tons, no way that would be enough for a real truck..... something like one with 17 jerry cans on the roof and steel dripping everywhere.... :) not that mine is that bad yet.... :D

I think they are pretty stout. Between the mounting bracket, back plate, and ARB shackle, I think that my ARB bumper would fail before these would. I don't see either happening before my grade 8 hardware failed.

Smit

the ones I remember from EE are only 3 tons, no way that would be enough for a real truck..... something like one with 17 jerry cans on the roof and steel dripping everywhere.... :) not that mine is that bad yet.... :D

Still way better than the factory tow points or ARB hi lift points often used with shackles.

Smit

LOL

What are the ARB ones rated for?

For proper use of the 3 ton units, you use 2. One on left and one on right of bumper face with a strap connected to both in a v-pattern. Then a d-shackle and off to either a strap or a winch line.

How can the ARB unit be any stronger? The ARB d-shackle is only rated for 4.75 tons itself.

Shoot my truck is too heavy for any of this stuff, i just cross my fingers lol
smit.jpg

Last edited:
Back on topic, ARB has just released a roof top tent and awning for the new FJ . Will the mods never cease, I'm out of money (taxes)!!! hope it doesn't last more then a day or two.

LOL

What are the ARB ones rated for?

For proper use of the 3 ton units, you use 2. One on left and one on right of bumper face with a strap connected to both in a v-pattern. Then a d-shackle and off to either a strap or a winch line.

How can the ARB unit be any stronger? The ARB d-shackle is only rated for 4.75 tons itself.

Shoot my truck is too heavy for any of this stuff, i just cross my fingers lol

that is one pimp lookin' rig :rolleyes: . These are all working load numbers anyways, breaking point is much higher so in theory they can take alot before they break. Even the yank that the Alaska Trek guys use that can get upwarks of 20,000 - 25,000 lbs of force don't seem to have any issues with these 4.75 ton shackles.

Smit

the stamped tonnage is normall WLL, not failure load.

about this 2 strap thing you have to be careful. It's true it helps in lower load per side, but then you are pulling the 2 frame ends together and that ain't great if it's a big load.

Back on topic, ARB has just released a roof top tent and awning for the new FJ . Will the mods never cease, I'm out of money (taxes)!!! hope it doesn't last more then a day or two.

ARB has made tents for a while, just haven't brought them here... until now.

Hmm checking out the awning. Maybe it will be cheaper than a Hannibal. Funny, i was looking at awnings today! Anyone see pricing on this unit yet? Im going to call ARB in the morning.

http://www.arb.com.au/new-products/arb_touring_tent.pdf

Last edited:
Awning does look nice!

yeah, i'd be down with that awning...

can we get one with the logo screen printed on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom