Hey man Nice Truck, Wanna sell it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just keep an 86 lbs German Shepard in the back and the cops won’t even bother you.
Ha, Love it! I typically have my 65lb Labrador Retriever in the truck and she is very protective of the 60 so while not as good as a GSD she would give a thief pause for sure.

Got mine in July 2017. I used to get a lot more notes and offers but really haven’t in the last year and a half or so. Usually just get thumbs up and waves. I wonder if people finally figured out they’re worth a good bit these days.

Wait, where is this zillionaire?
As you know there are a bunch of them in that town. This guy was a huge car dealer who cashed out and was building a car collection. Moved to a ranch outside Austin.
If you park your rig out in the energy corridor you’ll get offers......as soon as oil goes north of $70 a barrel 😀

Wait, where is this zillionaire?

1603216227019.png

:rofl:

In the northeast, the 60s are very few and far between, I only drive mine outside of salt season. I am asked about 6 times a year. Just this summer I had a guy try and negotiate as we drove down the I90 at 65 mph. That was crazy.

I started telling folks that ask that they can't afford it. Someone one day will take offense to my comment and challenge me on my statement. Everything I own has a price, whoever wants to buy just needs to meet my price point.

I've been asked before and I say sure....give me 18 and its yours. they say $1800? I say $18,000. That usually puts an end to the conversation. If someone pulls $18k out at that moment and puts it in my hand I'll grab the title and keys and wish them luck. Offer valid as of 10/21/2020....may expire with continuous vehicle improvement and level of current market.

I've been asked before and I say sure....give me 18 and its yours. they say $1800? I say $18,000. That usually puts an end to the conversation. If someone pulls $18k out at that moment and puts it in my hand I'll grab the title and keys and wish them luck. Offer valid as of 10/21/2020....may expire with continuous vehicle improvement and level of current market.
$18k seems fair but I see what a $25k Tacoma is like and I wouldn't trade. I like the 80 series and the 7* series but not very excited about anything else for the price. I guess I found my true love.

$18k seems fair but I see what a $25k Tacoma is like and I wouldn't trade. I like the 80 series and the 7* series but not very excited about anything else for the price. I guess I found my true love.
When they all die off and rot and gasoline is no longer available I will finally go buy a horse and buggie.

I've spent more on my FJ62 than what my 2020 Tacoma cost me. With the 5.3 conversion, H55F, suspension, interior and new paint it's been a total money sink - yet it's worth every penny! Most tire kickers seem to think if they offer me ten thousand bucks that I'll jump at it and are usually turned off when I start listing off what I've put into it.

I’ve had a few people ask if I’d sell mine and a friend offer me substantially more than I paid. People always ask me how much I paid for mine which I think is strange.

Maybe I will start asking how much is in their retirement account or how much their girls knock off LV purse cost?

It's never happened until this summer when a young tree service man new to town approached me about buying my 62 for $3500, as that is all he had. I believed him about his finances and actually thought about it but my wife said "no". I paid $4900 for it 17 years ago.

It's never happened until this summer when a young tree service man new to town approached me about buying my 62 for $3500, as that is all he had. I believed him about his finances and actually thought about it but my wife said "no". I paid $4900 for it 17 years ago.
Your wife is smart

Your wife is smart

And seems to know a good truck when she sees one! My wife would give me side eye on every vehicle I looked at until I decided I was going for a 60. She was on board from day one. We are both toyota people. I had a 96 Tacoma (Before I totaled it). She had a 95 4Runner with a V6 5 speed (which was the 3.0 under powered dog)After putting lots of miles on it we sold it. Now she drives an 05 4Runner 4.7 V8. I guess once a Toyota family always a Toyota family!

The widow sticker said $17k in 1987 dollars... That $39k in 2020 dollars.

The trucks on BAT that are super low miles, clean and original are going for around $40k with a few quite a bit higher. Pretty impressive when you can basically ignore depreciation and sell something at the present value of 1987 currency.

I have the same guy leaving notes on my windshield every couple months, I can tell by the handwriting. For a while, I left one in the console and told my wife if it breaks down again, just call this number and take whatever he offers.

The trucks on BAT that are super low miles, clean and original are going for around $40k with a few quite a bit higher. Pretty impressive when you can basically ignore depreciation and sell something at the present value of 1987 currency.
Sorry, I need to ask, what is BAT ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom