Hey man Nice Truck, Wanna sell it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This has been going on for at least 30 years. I used to get notes on my cruiser asking if I wanted to sell it back in the late 1980's and 90's etc when my cruise looked brand new. When my wheels started getting rusty and the ARB bumper got galvanized and the vehicle looked more used - no more notes.

My advice if trying to avoid theft - don't make it too sweet looking

This has been going on for at least 30 years. I used to get notes on my cruiser asking if I wanted to sell it back in the late 1980's and 90's etc when my cruise looked brand new. When my wheels started getting rusty and the ARB bumper got galvanized and the vehicle looked more used - no more notes.

My advice if trying to avoid theft - don't make it too sweet looking

Good advice! I know hate is a strong word but I have always hated a thief!

I’ve had mine a little over three months now and get asked every couple weeks. Being in the Northeast ones that are clean are a real novelty. This definitely makes one think about where one parks it, based on the interest.

I’ve had mine a little over three months now and get asked every couple weeks. Being in the Northeast ones that are clean are a real novelty. This definitely makes one think about where one parks it, based on the interest.

agreed 100%

59F2548E-B65C-40C2-9120-2C430F0466DA.jpeg

I get that every time I’m at the diesel pump filling up.

Had a guy over the CB low ball offer to buy mine while on my way to Colorado once. Wasn't serious. Just wanted to start a conversation about it. But was mildly amusing. Had one guy stop in front of my house and offer to buy both my cruiser and my son's '96 115,000 original mile Nissan hardbody as a package deal:

IMG_5813.jpg
IMG_5277.jpg

I declined both offers. Around where I live lots of folks love the Cruiser but are nowhere near brave enough to actually own one, so offers to buy it are few and far between. Lots of thumbs up though. Part of what makes owning it so much fun.

I've had my 2nd 60 for not even 2 months. A posted up a few things for sale on craigslist that I didn't want that it came with. I got a reply to one of my ads asking if I wanted to trade for a mildly built FJ80, my 60 isn't even drivable yet but they didn't know that. I found their ad and they were asking twice what I paid for the 60. My wife said maybe I should do it, I said "but I just got a 60 again".

Just keep an 86 lbs German Shepard in the back and the cops won’t even bother you.

"Hey man, is your Land Rover for sale??"
Me: Yeah! $50k! It's a steal!
:rofl:

Had a guy in Houston, well known zillionaire ask me if it was for sale
me: No
zillionaire: Everything is for sale, there is a number you’d sell it for
me: Everything, in fact, is not for sale.
zillionaire: Pissed, huffs off.
Careful; that's how John Wick started out....

It is not just 60 series either.

I used to get asked a lot. Instant answer, Sure I’ll sell it - $35000. Ten years ago that just
brought startled raised eyebrows! Now - I’m pretty sure that’s not enough!

Same approach here, except my truck isn’t as nice as yours. I usually go with $20k. For that price I know I could find an even cleaner replacement 60.

That said, I suspect most people that ask want to pay $2500 for it. When I say $20k they look at me like I’m deranged.

It IS a great conversation starter. My favorite line is to approach some guy waiting in the rig while his wife is in a store, and say "Nice Cruiser...It's missing only one thing, a For Sale sign". Without fail, they laugh, and the conversation gets under way. Met a lot of nice Cruiser owners that way

once a month, at least - my reply, "more than what you'd be willing to pay to for it"

Here in SC I get the occasional notice, but up into the mountains of NC, Tenn., or W. Virginia, it's notes on windshield, chase downs, and interceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom