Hey man Nice Truck, Wanna sell it? (1 Viewer)

I’ve had two people leave me notes on the windshield. I had one guy follow me for about 15 miles and offered to buy it. There have been a few times when I almost sold it. But making wise decisions is for squares.

leucadiacruiser

SILVER Star
Last week was I approaching a stop light in a busy weekend outdoor dining area. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone get up from their table and start running through tables half a blockand around the front of a parked car to get to me where I'm stopped. He gets to my window and screams "I love these! I love these Land Cruisers! Would you sell it? How much?" Scared the hell out of me. 😂

Seth S

SILVER Star
My house is next to a major east west road and I get a lot of people who stop by and ask if I want to sell “my old truck”. The paint is faded and I’m sure they think it’s a beater they can pick up for $500 :rofl:

60Works

60 Series Iron Works
Questions, notes on the windshield, chat up at the gas pump; happens about once a month.

I try not to be too paranoid but if someone was following me to ask about the Cruiser, I would engage them long before nearing my home. They may be following to see where you live to steal it while you're away.

MoaByte

SILVER Star
I did that to a BJ74 driver last night. He relaxed after I confessed to being a 60 owner. Nice rig though.
Questions, notes on the windshield, chat up at the gas pump; happens about once a month.

I try not to be too paranoid but if someone was following me to ask about the Cruiser, I would engage them long before nearing my home. They may be following to see where you live to steal it while you're away.

Had a guy in Houston, well known zillionaire ask me if it was for sale
me: No
zillionaire: Everything is for sale, there is a number you’d sell it for
me: Everything, in fact, is not for sale.
zillionaire: Pissed, huffs off.
Scotty Kilmer?

Why don't these people just go buy one then? Like Seth said, they like the look and think they can get it for $500. If you factored in my time, when mine's done it would cost more than a brand new 4runner.

My house is next to a major east west road and I get a lot of people who stop by and ask if I want to sell “my old truck”. The paint is faded and I’m sure they think it’s a beater they can pick up for $500 :rofl:

I have to be honest, that is what I thought when I first got the Idea that I needed (well that's how I presented to my wife) an FJ60. I then resigned myself to the fact these trucks are in high demand and brought more money than expected. After I finally found "the one" and drove to Middle Virginia from Asheville NC to pick it up I was hooked. I got it running good thanks to the Sniper install and full desmog (not saying that they don't run fine without this, just a matter of opinion) I will probably never sell her, but I do like the conversations I get into with people that ask!

MoaByte

SILVER Star
I have to be honest, that is what I thought when I first got the Idea that I needed (well that's how I presented to my wife) an FJ60. I then resigned myself to the fact these trucks are in high demand and brought more money than expected. After I finally found "the one" and drove to Middle Virginia from Asheville NC to pick it up I was hooked. I got it running good thanks to the Sniper install and full desmog (not saying that they don't run fine without this, just a matter of opinion) I will probably never sell her, but I do like the conversations I get into with people that ask!
Smart man! Imagine if you bought an H2 instead?

RodrigzCrzr

SILVER Star
I had one guy follow me once to offer me a low ball price! I just laughed. And drove away.
but mostly I get a “nice cruiser” or a thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom