Hey i need some help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys im new here and need some help.

I am wanting to buy a landcruiser and im having trouble figureing something out.

A teacher of mine back in elementary school used to have a landcruiser with a extremly short pickup bed on it. It was a two seater hardtop and the bed was very short. I am just wondering what model it is. There is one on ebay that looks just like it only red instead of tan. Again the P/U bed is extremely short 2 feet maybe.

I was wondering how rare these vehicles are, ive heard they are extremely rare but was wanting to hear from some people who know.

I contacted the owner of the vehicle on ebay and he didn't know the model...he said basically he wasn't into landcruiser that much.

Thanks for all the help guys.

lunyou

a two foot bed would most likely be a 40 with a halfcab on it? Maybe just a 40 with a 45 top.

no stock cruiser pickup had a 2ft bed or even close, the shortest was the 45 fixed top pickup, then the 45 shortbed w/removable top, the longest and most common is the 45LPB long bed

got a link to the red one? I recall it was a either 45 short bed or a 40 made into a 45

after looking at the pictures on the link you posted i don't see it and i don't think it is the short wheel bas fj45 the bed is still to long.

lunyou

my guess is it's not 'extremely rare' it's more like it was customized along with every blinding piece of chrome that guys put on it.

if the owner doesn't even know the type and hes selling it... he sounds like a bunghole... that would be my first point to worry about..

well i thought about that too but hey it just says land cruiser on it doesn't it or does it actually have "land cruiser" "fj40" on it somewhere? If he isn't a die hard LC fan/collector then he just knows there is a Land Cruiser.

I have seen one other one that looks like it but as i said it was tan. So there are others out there. You might be right, it could just be a custom job but it looks like it was done right so i dunno,.

lunyou

its not or was prolly not a 45, its a 40 made into a real short box 45. its also not a 68, its a 66 or before. Actaully I am pretty sure its a 40 made into a 45-ish. Ask for the VIN #, if it fj45XXXXXX then it started as a 45, if FJ40XXXXX it started as a 40. Looks like a 40 wheelbase to me, not a 45 shorty. Also look at how the cab is over the bed, 45's had a seperate bed, this has a body that is part of the bed.

here are the 2 basic choices of 45's, these are both 64+ with removable tops, one is the short bed(as short as they came) the other is the long bed

50799384.jpg

this is the 63-61 fixed top short bed 45, same bad length as the 64+ short bed, but the cab is smalled.
45235080.jpg

again, Toyota never made a 45 like the one in the pictures. Its not rare........it never existed.

if you de-bling it might be a real neat rig.

well if i was going to buy it i would never use it to offroad seriously. I might use it to deer hunt or something like that but nothing to hard on it.

I was pretty sure that it wasn't a 45 because of the shortness of the bed. I had heard that it could have been a custom job a long time ago but i just figured the guys talking about it didn't know what they were talking about. Since they might have known what they were talking about im going to ask about something else they said. They told me that it was like one of twelve in the USA. This makes only the 2nd one i have seen so they are extrememly rare although they were never "produced"

lunyou

It's definetly a 40 w/ a 45 top. So I wouldn't consider it extremly rare.

nope, its homemade, not a custom run of them, not a production item............just homemade

Who is "they" almost sounds like Greg Mushro :whoops:

John

lunyou said:
Since they might have known what they were talking about im going to ask about something else they said. They told me that it was like one of twelve in the USA. This makes only the 2nd one i have seen so they are extrememly rare although they were never "produced"

lunyou

Last edited:
"they" was some friends back home.

Thanks for the information everyone. I just thought that this was a special factory produced LC but now i know the truth. What would you say something like this is worth.

lunyou

Prolly depends on how ugly it is.

You askin bout this one specifically? Prolly about as much as a typical 40 in similar condition. $4-8000 or so. Depends on how much it'd be worth to the buyer really.

If it were me, I'd move on and get a 45 for about that price somewhere. Or a good, regular looking 40 for the same. Good luck man.

thanks for the help. Ive always liked the look of these "custom jobs" but since there are not that many i might have to find a regular 40 and just customize it myself.

lunyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom