1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Guys, need Birfield work done, Northern Virginia will compensate, THANKS!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by JimmyK, Aug 3, 2005.

1. JimmyK

JimmyK

Hey all I posted this in the CHIT CHAT area, and they gave me a positive response so I am posting this here. No hurry but sometime before the middle of Q4 05. Thanks a lot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I just recently purchased a 1996 LC/LX450 and I will be getting delivery in two weeks. After doing research all morning long I finally came to the conclusion that the birfield maintenance MUST be done since she has 106K miles on her.

I just am not able to do that kind of work in my location too many mitigating circumstances. I am very reserved about asking my dealership because of the horror stories I have heard, let alone the $1500 dollar cost.

I wanted to post in the 80 series forum for any Northern Virginia people who would be willing to do the job for $300-$350 + parts (<-- I think parts are like 200-300). Since Im a newbie here I have no idea about forum rules about such requests, and I also didnt want to come across as elitest and rude, you know? I know LOTS of forums have a certain kind of understood etiquette thats not really published but always followed.

I also havent seen any other posts such as what I want to ask so thought I would throw out a feeler first.

Thanks

-Jimmy

2. reffug

reffug

You got a positive response to the question in chat.

Not to if it qualified as tech or not.

3. wob

wob

How rude to ask someone to work on your truck for money!!!!!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

4. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

Id do it in a heart beeat but im in az. its really not hard at all

mike

5. reffug

reffug

Yaa can you imagine.

Most of us work for :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :grinpimp:

6. Biff

Biff

I think you would get a better response if you just ask for the help and are willing to do most of the work yourself.

7. reffug

reffug

Don't worry Vic we can probably hook the boy up.

But he's definately gonna have to get his hands dirty.

Or should we make him slather his body with moly-grease??????????????

8. 4x4CPOSEADOG

4x4CPOSEADOG

I'll do it in a heartbeat, oh crap I'm not in Northern Va, I'm in south eastern VA, in VA Beach.

9. JimmyK

JimmyK

Awesome, this is great, Ill def get down and dirty thats half the fun (but I may have to pass on the bathing in moly grease) but I need lots of help the first go around. After it took me 2 days to do my OME lift on my 4runner and 5 hours the next time, I cant stress how much experience helps.

So Ill keep you all posted once I get the truck delivered.

Noel, my brother just started his residency at riverside hospital in VA Beach small world.

10. Felix

Felix

Where in Northern VA are you? The Capital Land Cruiser Club is meeting tonight at 7:30 at the Taylor Toyota Dealership on Rt. 1 in Alexandria. We're trying to get more wreching days scheduled, so if you stopped by, I'm sure you'll find some folks who'd be interested.

Felix

11. JimmyK

JimmyK

Oh man missed it! I could have easily made it out for that, well whens the next meet planned? Or is there some distribution you guys are all on?

12. Felix

Felix

JimmyK,

Our meetings are the first Wednesday of each month, same time and place. The website is www.clcc.org. I know, it's way outdated :eek: , but we've got someone working on that. You can get on the listserve from there, and you can also contact Rob (President) for more info.

I think we're also getting together for beers next Thursday, but I have no idea where, yet. And don't worry about last night, you didn't miss much. Just about everyone is on vacation.