hey guys i need your help fast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So im doing a soa on my 40 but using 60 axles under it. I picked up the axles bare and baught some new spring perches and everything I need. The thing I dont know (cuz there was nothing on the axle when I got it) is what the stock caster angle is supposed to be for a '85 front axle? Thanks
Cole

Very little, something like .5 degrees. Mace, one of Mud's notables, suggests that something close to four degrees works better. You decide. I have been running something close to zilch or even less with a beefy steering stabilizer and I like it.

Picture%201.png

From the 1984 FSM

how is that from the 84 fsm when it is giving specs for a fj 62 which were not built until late 87-88 just curious.....:hmm:

hmm, good point. I was going from the file name of the PDF
However, the intro states that's it covers the FJ, BJ and HJ 60 as well as the 62 series.

Fsm's were just updated when newer models came out so it could have very well have been an 84 spec book but was just updated..... I think.

Forget stock.

If you are doing an SOA, you'll be running bigger tires, often really big tires. They will be easier to control with a bit more caster.

2-4 degrees will be much more suitable.

Are you going to do a cut and turn? You should.

ya i am doing a cut and turn thats why i wanted to know the stock caster angle. I will prob end up puting it at 4 sense that seems to be a number everyone keeps telling me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom