Hey good looking....what you got cooking? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bomar

SILVER Star
Threads
We need a place to share what we are cooking.

I will start in it off.

Like Sir - mix - alot stated....I like big butts and I can't lie.

Here is a 8lb'r. Going on tonight for some eats tomorrow and this weekend.

First time doing a long smoke. I am guessing about 2 hours per lb at 225 or so....have firebox full with big pieces ready to fire off later tonight to cook through the night.

1417725502638.jpg

1417725511512.jpg

1417725520561.jpg

This is me hating on you right about now.... as I'm going home to a friggin' salad.

That is some good looking meat. What kind of wood are you using for flavoring?

Pork chops just went on egg
image.jpg

Hickory that was cut down 4 months ago... I enjoy the taste and availability that I have. If anyone needs any please let me know. I had to remove about 4 smaller hickory's in the yard.

First time using this thermometer dealio I got off amazon.

BTW MS guys TX has prime brisket at Costco for $3.89 a lb... Memphis doesn't have it but BR and NOLA does.

1417739401557.jpg

11 hours seems quick for 8 lbs. Did it have a bone? What temp did you pull it at?

Looks awesome though!

I thought so also. This one didn't have a bone. I pulled it at over 190. I was not very successful with my temp control....my digital thermometer was about 40 degrees warmer from front of Kamato. About 2 o'clock the temp in grill started going down so I opened up the vents a bit and temp climbed to about 300 so higher than I wanted. Next time I will turn house door beeps off to keep the wife a little happier with me going in and out. Also smaller and more hickory chunks.

Last edited:
I used this marinade and rub a few weeks ago.
Excellent, even without the pico
2014-12-06 08.40.08.jpg
2014-12-06 08.39.16.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom