Hesitation/Jolt at 80-85mph (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody ever experienced a hesitation/jolt while traveling at 80-85mph. I'm thinking I was going to fast but this was the first time I've ever experienced something like this.

nope definatly not too fast... I can verify no hesistation/jolt up to 105 mph. :D

Can you be a little more specific?

CruisinGA said:
nope definatly not too fast... I can verify no hesistation/jolt up to 105 mph. :D

Can you be a little more specific?

Once I reached a specific speed usually between 80-85mph I started getting a hesitiation, shaking sensation. Once I dropped down to 75mph it started to drive smoothly.

Victor, is it that you feel the engine/tranny hesitating or the body/suspension vibrating? or both?

FirstToy said:
Victor, is it that you feel the engine/tranny hesitating or the body/suspension vibrating? or both?

Now that I think about it, more the body vibrating/shaking.

if it's not the engine, then look at your front and rear driveshafts and check tire balance.

not to suggest you violate posted speed limits, but can you verify that you have the same vibes above the speeds you've posted?

When I've had driveline or tire balance issues in the past, it seemed to be worse at a particular speed. Above or below that speed - everything's usually cool.

LX_TREME said:
Check your wheel balance could be bent rim or bad tire. Also check tie rods, alignment and bushings.

Good point, just added a new Tie Rod so that could be the case. Thanks

make sure your wheels / hubs / knuckes are firmly attached to the rest of the truck before you do any more high speed experiments...

e9999 said:
make sure your wheels / hubs / knuckes are firmly attached to the rest of the truck before you do any more high speed experiments...

Thanks will do.

Biff said:
Has anybody ever experienced a hesitation/jolt while traveling at 80-85mph. I'm thinking I was going to fast but this was the first time I've ever experienced something like this.

I had something that sounds like that a while back. I would have described it more as a stumble or hesitation at around 70-75 when going up hills or under heavy load for prolonged times. After a thorough cleaning of the TB, some BK cleaner, and a tune up, it was okay. If you don't find a problem with the suspension or alignment, you might try that.

Victor--

I'm voting driveshafts.

SEcond possibe cause: output bearing in the Tcase or the pinion bearing in the front or rear differential.

But, ujoints/drive shafts should be your first place to look...of course, after checking proper tire balance, inflation, and toe-in specs.

Best.
-onur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom