Hesitation and brown smoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 land cruiser and it started with a bad miss. So I replaced plugs wires and valve cover gasket. I took old wires out of plug tubes in head and #6 had a broken stem that connects to plug. And #1 was full of oil.
I replaced the plug groumets with new and wires.
Now it has a bad miss and hesitates to get rolling .
After I come to a stop and start moving brown and grey smoke comes out exhaust. And engine bings sometimes.
What could the misfire cause it. Ive looked at all vacum hoses and non are disconnected.
The 2 hoses on valve cover big and little are brittle and broke. There wrapped in electrical tape very tight. The throttle body bolts are tight.
It's like a dead cylinder but there all firing.
Please any help will be greatful. Kenny

Sounds to me like fuel isn’t burning (incomplete combustion) but oil is burning. Any codes?

Brown smoke could be clogged cats and woul explain hesitation and loss of power.

So:
Spark plugs
Spark plug tube seals
Spark plug wires

CAP?
Rotor?
PCV Valve?
PCV hose?
PCV grommet?
VC vent hose?
VC gasket?
Intake hose?

Did you no any of the injector plugs while in there?
Did you muscle around the wiring harness by the EGR tube? That's a known issue of melting the wiring.

Vacuum hoses around the throttle body and EGR.

There are so many possibilities.

What brand of wires, plugs, etc did you install?

These are known to not like aftermarket parts, particularly ignition stuff.

Brown smoke could be clogged cats and woul explain hesitation and loss of power.

So:
Spark plugs
Spark plug tube seals
Spark plug wires

CAP?
Rotor?
PCV Valve?
PCV hose?
PCV grommet?
VC vent hose?
VC gasket?
Intake hose?

Did you no any of the injector plugs while in there?
Did you muscle around the wiring harness by the EGR tube? That's a known issue of melting the wiring.

Vacuum hoses around the throttle body and EGR.

There are so many possibilities.

What brand of wires, plugs, etc did you install?

These are known to not like aftermarket parts, particularly ignition stuff.
I out AutoZone $64.99 wires and autolite copper plugs. And cap and rotor about 5mo ago.
I did check all around throttle body for hoses that fell off. It all looked good.
It does have high idol sometimes and then it's a low idol with miss still.
Clogged cat's?
How would I check that and injectors wires. Wtf ?
I'm not a good mechanic but I'm not afraid to take a look.
When it smokes it's like holy @#$& that alot of smoke.
Spy hunter smoke screen action does that help?

I out AutoZone $64.99 wires and autolite copper plugs. And cap and rotor about 5mo ago.
I did check all around throttle body for hoses that fell off. It all looked good.
It does have high idol sometimes and then it's a low idol with miss still.
Clogged cat's?
How would I check that and injectors wires. Wtf ?
I'm not a good mechanic but I'm not afraid to take a look.
When it smokes it's like holy @#$& that alot of smoke.
Spy hunter smoke screen action does that help?
I'll look around egr valve wires. I think there's 2 she's with hoses attaching to it.
I did man handle throttle body around putting take off and putting on valve cover.
But there was a miss before I did that.
Maybe fouled plug?

It's an OBD1 - You have to use a paperclip on the box against the firewall under the hood. Then count the flashes. Do you have a check engine light on at all?

It's an OBD1 - You have to use a paperclip on the box against the firewall under the hood. Then count the flashes. Do you have a check engine light on at all?
No check engine light is on but the bulb might be blown. You say paper clip and count flashes can you please give me more details.
Kenny

No check engine light is on but the bulb might be blown. You say paper clip and count flashes can you please give me more details.
Kenny
Read here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom