Hesitation after going through water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We had a bunch of rain here in Phoenix Arizona and I went out and drove through a bunch of water and mud. Not only did I get stuck, but now my vehicle hesitates a little bit and seems to improve as it heats up. Is there anything I should clean, change, or
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410448653.556487.jpg
inspect?

You need 37's. Water won't reach you as easily. Nice AOE bumper by the way :)
Most likely moisture getting into the harness connections like he said ^^^^

Check your distributor cap. Known spot for getting water in.
Check your sparkplug seals. Another spot water can get into and cause havoc.

In both cases blowing some good air into can dry out them out.

Thanks everybody. Will it eventually just dry out or do I need to rip anything apart?

Has happened to me before, I assumed it had to do with water splashing the distributor due to the depth of the puddle I went through in the trail. Mine had some immediate hesitation that scared me a little and then within 15 minutes it was almost back to normal still with some rough running symptoms for an hour or so and then It was completely back to normal. I would give it a little drive and see if it clears up on its own. If not pop your distributor cap and blow out any moisture maybe a small wipe with WD40 to insure water has been displaced then move to O2 sensor if it still has problems. I suggest that first simply because I would rather pop the dist. cap than monkey with the O2 sensor if it is rusted like mine is.

Good luck!

I suggest that first simply because I would rather pop the dist. cap than monkey with the O2 sensor if it is rusted like mine is.

Good luck!

No need to remove the O2 sensors, just unplug them from the harness, blow the plugs out with compressed air or spray it with electrical contact cleaner, then fill them with dielectric grease and plug them back in :smokin:

It will dry out.

No need to remove the O2 sensors, just unplug them from the harness, blow the plugs out with compressed air or spray it with electrical contact cleaner, then fill them with dielectric grease and plug them back in :smokin:
Ah gotcha! Makes sense, Im gonna do that actually once this snow melts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom