Heritage question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dreaming of possibly getting one of these in the near future....

Anyone know if the third row seats can be installed?? I understand the Heritage LCs do not have the third row. But, Id like to be able to throw them in if friends with kids come to town.

Also, would the bronze wheels work with lift and larger tires?? Im guessing spacers might be needed.

Thanks.
Jeff

The seats won't work without some semi-serious mods. The side panels lack the opening for the bolt (and the bolt mounting point on the wheel housing as well) that secures one side on each seat. Additionally, the place where the seats lock into when in the up position is missing. I haven't checked to see if the holes are there for the center mounts for the seats. The mount hardware isn't there either.

The bronze wheels would work just like the non-heritage wheels work. The offset might be a few mm difference as I haven't seen a spec, but it's likely 10 mm or less. If you would need spacers for the "stock" wheel using the desired tires, then I expect you would need them for the Heritage wheels.

I think prior consensus around here was that if you need rear seats, buy a base 200. You can remove the running boards, add bbs rims, and add a cheesy roof rack, and you have the same basic vehicle. Yes, I know it has different leather, contrasting stitching, and a d pillar badge, but you get my drift.

Last edited:
Besides the seat mounting issues, you'd have to get all the seat belt$, the hardware, cut the holes in the side panels, etc. I wonder if the HE has the curtain air bags back there?

Many people don't like the appearance of the stock wheels without spacers, but they work fine. It's just a bit inset from the fender lip. They have the same +54mm offset of any 2016+ cruiser 18" wheel.

As for fitting the seats.. no. Even if you were willing to pay the thousands of dollars for the parts, you'd have to modify the body of your new cruiser to accept the seat anchor bolts. The only thing that is already there are the grab handles.. everything else (belts, seats, fold-up anchors, headliner, side panels, carpet) is different.

KLF brought up a good point about the airbags.. I hadn't thought about that yet.

Plus, you know the Heritage doesn't come with a cool-box console, right? Many people really like this feature. Personally I'd prefer the larger console storage of the non-cool-box models.

Buy the Cruiser that you want, not for the 1-2 times a year that you have to carry more than 4 passengers. Rental cars are cheap. :cool:

Thanks for the replies !!!!

Was really just curious about the seats. If it was simply just get some third rows and pop them in there or if it was a pain in the A$$. So, of course MUD has come thru.

I did see a few builds utilizing the bronze wheels.

Besides the seat mounting issues, you'd have to get all the seat belt$, the hardware, cut the holes in the side panels, etc. I wonder if the HE has the curtain air bags back there?

They have the same all- row Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA), for a total of 10 bags. Compared my old 2017 with my HE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom