Heritage economy 1/2 tubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ordered a tailgate from TLC that I am fitting to my 79 resto and will be using the lower ambi hinges to attach it to the tub and a small angle on the inside. It should look OE but will not fold down. Just give me the look I am looking for with the top off.

Shane

Tube Info

TLC called yesterday.My tub is being shipped from CA today.I will post some pics as I get it It I ordered it in NOV.06

Clearly we're not marketing this as a solution for a gold class restoration, we can provide those too, but the "economy" tub is not just a trail beater tub by any means. In fact, most people would be quite impressed with any restoration done with this 1/2 tub. Next to 99% of the "restorations" that I've seen (I've seen a lot) this tub would be a huge improvement, and properly installed almost indistinguishable from the premium line (at a fraction of the cost!).

The reality is that most people want a high quality restoration on a super tight (if not completely unreasonable) budget. The "economy" line provides a solution that meets the budget - good quality at a reasonable price.

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com

I saw an economy half tub at GSMTR that Lance graciously donated for the raffle. I thought the tub was very nice, especially considering our current alternative options. I did see the seam at the back quarter but it didn't bother me at all.

I have been very impressed with all the products from both the economy and premium lines. I am doing a full frame off and am using parts from both lines. I was going with the 1/2 economy tub but then went with the 3/4 premium tub. Not because of quality but since I had a little extra money from my 13 month "vacation" with my Reserve unit, I decided to splurge. I also want to say that Cam and Lance at IPOR are great. They always took the time to take my calls and help me decide which line to order different parts from. It's great to have vendors that treat you like a person and not a dollar sign.

TUB

Well all this is good info, as I have a pre 78' tub on order with Lance. Hey Lance are they in yet? Basically I agree, while not perfect, an awsome solution to a rusty tub. Regarding the seam, that can be made to disapear very easily with some good body work. I looked at my origional tub and I do believe there is a weld seam there as well. Can't wait to pick mine up.

I just had an "economy" half-tub installed by IPOR on my '76 40, and I've got to say that the fit and finish of these tubs is great. While a lot of that is the basic product, much of the reason for the great results is the time and effort put into the installation by the folks at the shop.

My rig is primarily a wheeling rig, but given the good results of the install, I have to respectully disagree with Caz' comments about the tub. With a bit of finish body work and paint the tub would be totally suitable for any resto application.

My 2 cents as one that has been down that road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom