here's my situation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All right guys I have a 74 fj55 and I was having some dist. problems so I got a new one from NAPA and the and it was 4milimeters too short and didnt reach the oil pump so the engine almost locked up. so I called them and got another one (the same part # ) and it was correct, I put it in and the bearings and crank were so far gone it wouldn't hold oil pressure. (sorry for the run on) Anyway now i am working with napa to take care of another engine for me but I am having trouble finding one I am sure they wouldn't go for a 350 but would probably be willing to do a 2f. does anyone out there have a rebuilt f or 2f or atleast a good used one I am in VA but i would be willing to have it picked up at NAPA's expense if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it thanks Kenny

When I had a similar problem with mine, replaceing the rod bearings fixed it after it siezed. Confused by your statement that the bearings and crank were so far gone it wouldn't hold pressure. If they were gone, your engine should have siezed.

Used 2F $$

I'm going through the pains of a blown head gasket on the FJ55 right now so I'm also looking for $ if the block is cracked. What I've found is that used 2F's range from $1,500 (risingsunengines.com in kalifornia) to $3k for a totally rebuild from MAF. You may want to to try someone on the east coast like JT Outfitters in NC or cruiserparts.net in NH. James at cruiserparts.net normally has a pretty decent selection w/ pricing from $600 - $1K (plus $150 for freight). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Ming

You can still have a motor start with worn out bearings.

There are different levels of "siezing"

Mace said:
You can still have a motor start with worn out bearings.

There are different levels of "siezing"

I know Mace, I was try to find out why he thought the bearings were the cause of the lack of oil pressure. Yet, since NAPA is paying, he should get a good rebuilt one rather than one that might be dying. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom