Here we go! 74’ FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, as the title states...here we go...again. This will be my third FJ40 with the first two being sold to support my college funds (71’) back in 2007 and the second to make room and time for my second kiddo (77’ rust bucket) in 2018. As you all know, it’s hard to stay away.
Believe it or not, my wife found this one on Facebook market place and it was owned by a fellow fireman over in Idaho. Road trip down to pick it up and hauled it back to its new home in Sisters, Oregon last night. As you can see by the load, it was a bit of a sketchy trek but I work with what I’ve got and everything made it back without issue...about 10 stops on a 5 hour one way drive for the wife (36 weeks pregnant with our third boy) to use the gravel bathroom and so I could check all the straps and chain.

Stats:Title states 74’ FJ40 (quite a few reasons to believe its earlier)
2F motor
Frame powder coated rolling with a fresh 2” OME lift
Tub is remarkably good looking with professional raptor lining paint job inside and out as well as on hood and fenders. All the usual suspects look and sound solid.
Freshly PC cage
4 tubs of odds and ends
New fuel tank that was also PC
Full, dissembled hard top that will require some attention. Glass missing from rear hatch, otherwise all intact.
As I sift through everything I’ll post the pictures and updates.

I’m not totally clear on the hx of the beauty but I’ll be digging around for it. Sad story for the reason the PO sold to the fireman I bought it from that doesn’t need to be out there but I’m hoping to give it a hell of a life. Plans for resto-mod ahead.
Step 1: figure out what I’m working with.

long time follower in the shadows. I appreciate the community and everything that comes with it!
3C57C303-5D04-4C79-8F86-673DBF859994.jpeg
30AC5C58-729A-4509-883A-D73338B9995E.jpeg
66772A45-29F7-498B-A40D-45855CCC52E8.jpeg

Nice score. I like 'em like that.

Last edited:
As long as there isn't hiding anything... Looks like a great toy pile. I just love puzzles! Other than the color, I'm likin' it. The more the sun hits it, the more Pepto it'll get.

Last edited:
As long as theater isn't hiding anything... Looks like a great toy pile. I just love puzzles! Other than the color, I'm likin' it. The more the sun hits it, the more Pepto it'll get.
Agreed. Eventually it’ll wear some mustard, but that will be quite a ways down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom