Here is my rig w 3"OME Heavy/Heavy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Here is my rig w/ a new 3"OME Heavy/Heavy and 33x10.5.15 BFG MT's it's night and day and wheels exceptionally, I recently converted to a H55F speed tranny too, had a ton of engine work done, rebuilt just about everything important. I need to get the carb rebuilt next. I wish I could get a few more horses out of it though, but don't we all. It is especially gutless up hill. Now if I could only find a way to fit in the garage, the roof rack rubs slightly in the rear but with some persistence I can make it in, just kind of a PIA but I would rather it stay in the garage....safer.
DSC01234.jpg
DSC01235com.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rig

Your rig looks very nice. I like the fitment of the tires to the wheel wells.

I have an SOA that I was thinking of converting back to a SUA with a 4" lift. You have a 3" with 33's. The problem I have is that I just purchased 5 new 35" procomp xmt's and i sincerely want to keep them. Do you think a 4" SUA will allow me to keep the 35's.

I think they would be fine, there is a lot of clearance under there.

Your rig looks very nice. I like the fitment of the tires to the wheel wells.

I have an SOA that I was thinking of converting back to a SUA with a 4" lift. You have a 3" with 33's. The problem I have is that I just purchased 5 new 35" procomp xmt's and i sincerely want to keep them. Do you think a 4" SUA will allow me to keep the 35's.

Very nice! Your'e about three steps ahead of me. Can't wait to get my heavy/heavy lift on.
102_1706.JPG

Hello all,

Here is my rig w/ a new 3"OME Heavy/Heavy and 33x10.5.15 BFG MT's it's night and day and wheels exceptionally, I recently converted to a H55F speed tranny too, had a ton of engine work done, rebuilt just about everything important. I need to get the carb rebuilt next. I wish I could get a few more horses out of it though, but don't we all. It is especially gutless up hill. Now if I could only find a way to fit in the garage, the roof rack rubs slightly in the rear but with some persistence I can make it in, just kind of a PIA but I would rather it stay in the garage....safer.

If it's not your DD and it take it out of the garage every so often, maybe you can let some air out of the tires to get it into the garage?

ARB rear w/ jerry can holder plus a carb rebuild and I will be in business. I want to re-upholster the interior too!, I'll do that in Mexico.

That looks great- I have the same color and cannot wait to get my back from repaint. what material is the rack made from? Is it heavy?

Nice truck! I like the tires.

Instead of modifying the truck to fit the garage, have you considered installing a taller garage door? Have an overhead door guy look the thing over. Sometimes they can make adjustments to gain you a bit more space.

Semi-funny story: Two years ago, my overhead door opener pooped out. I thought I'd better get a new one. Then, I thought, well, the door is old, too, so I should have a new one of those, an 8 foot high one. Then, I thought, hey, the driveway is kind of busted up, so I should repave it and add a parking stall to the side. The new driveway dictated a new street approach to conform to the new code. Then, a friend suggested adding a small addition to the front of the garage to make more space for my toys. I also decided to remove all the old drywall, insulate, and then re-drywall the old and tie it in nice with the new. I also re-wired it, since it was all down to bare studs anyway, so what the heck. Then, I had some gas pipe run, and had it heated, too. I painted it inside and out, and had another friend put on some brick accenting. In the end, I changed the whole look of the front of the house.

Yeesh! :eek: That failed o/h door opener cost me about $20,000 !! :D But, I can put two Cruisers in there, along with the Suburban and all my tools!

Thats funny, because I actually did modify the garage door to semi make it fit. I can't modify it any more w/o cutting into the stucco and wood. The rack is very heavy, its custom made from real metal, not that chinese crap that bolts together. The color is the original Toyota Blue something or another, I just had it repainted the same color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom