here is my lifted $1500 project truck so far (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
bought it for 1500 with an arb front bumper, but all stock with a seized 3fe, perfect body and int, put about another 1200 in lift (slee 6") 37"ssr's, painted wheels , adj. upper rear arms and 5:29 locked axles for a total of 2700 so far, doing front arm flip next week and soon to have a 4bt or 6.0 in front of a 4L80E and fj60 slipt case. what do you think??

Last edited:
Nice; what engine will you put in it?

My vote is for a 5.7 out of a rolled 08 Tundra (with good cams).

g

OooooWeeee - what a deal for $1,500! The value of the ARB nearly gets you there.

Why is the front axle pulled and sitting off to the side?
Does it have lockers?
What do you keep in that mini-fridge on the work bench? :)

Really nice truck - I'd definately be looking to import a Toyota diesel (can you say 'farm machinery'?)

Keep us posted!

Nice find.. and great value!!

Very Great!

Wow:eek: I thought I got a good deal on mine at $1400 But no lift or bumper or anything like that. Good for you! We should start the under $2000 club.

OooooWeeee - what a deal for $1,500! The value of the ARB nearly gets you there.

- - that is exactly what I was thinking!!!! You got hell a' deal on it!!!!

- Boz

Just to clarify it was ALL stock (except front bumper) when it got it for 1500 with a seized motor, NOW i have about 2800 with the lift, locker axles front and rear, sliders,SSR's, swing-away etc...... I like the tundra v8's but it seems like a lot more wireing, I can get a stand alone kit for a 6.0. I wish I knew more about the toyota diesels and their availability. ARM FLIP NEXT, My wife thought I was crazy putting the front tire up under the truck so I could see how it looked, so I did not tell her I was sitting in it pretending I was driving:eek:. As As for the mini fridge, it will be filled with :beer: for the help I will need welding on brackets for the arm flip. More pics soon!

looking good, I wish I would have checked it out a little better when I was there. Maybe next summer I can tow my Mini up there and you can show me some Colorado 4 wheeling.

I really like that color combo, nice pick up!

Ya, the arm flip will be interesting, I have not decided wheather to use the factory brackets or fab my own. And I have not come up with a good way to mock up the axle under the truck to figure out where to weld the brackets as far as caster, I cant really put the weight of the truck down on the springs/axle without control arms on, but i will not know the correct angle to weld untill I get the ride hieght. If the alxe tubes were round it would ne no big deal, I could just build the brackets, put it all togather and rotate the pinion angle via a rubber mallot and then weld it at the correct castor, but the tubes are square-ish so that idea is out:rolleyes:

Thats awesome. Same paint color as mine and stuff. Nice. You should put a 1HD-T in it and then I'll trade you mine for awhile so you don't have to worry about working the bugs out of the engine. (Might take awhile...perhaps indefinitely.) : ). Nice rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom