Help with warm start issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced a bunch of broken vacuum lines and successfully got rid of the “stumble” I was experiencing when under power. Now I have noticed a weird issue I didn’t have before.

When I do a cold start or a warm weather start I have no issues. But now after I having driving for awhile and need to restart the engine, I have to pump the gas a whole bunch to get the engine to turn over again. Opposite of what I was seeing before.

Thoughts of what that might be?

1985 FJ60 w/ Stock 2F with no desmog or alterations that I am aware of.

does your carb cooling fan work? Also next time don’t pump the carb. Just push the gas pedal to the floor and crank. When it starts let off the pedal.

does your carb cooling fan work? Also next time don’t pump the carb. Just push the gas pedal to the floor and crank. When it starts let off the pedal.
I do not know. Brand new to 60 ownership. I googled it and recognize the part. Should the fan always be running while the engine is on or only intermittently?

The fan will or should only run for about 15 min after a HOT engine is turned off. There are a few bits to this cooling system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom