Help With Tire Choice - '74 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NotHardly

SILVER Star
Threads
Would appreciate input on new tires for my '74 FJ40. I want the skinny look on factory 15" rims with 33" tires. The current options that I am aware of are KO2's (10.5) or Kenda Klever R/T (9.5). I've had several variants of BFG AT's on a number of trucks and have been generally pleased, but viewing some of the threads on the Kenda's - I think that I like the look of them a little better. Any negative input on the Kenda's? Other options?

Thanks.

I like the BFG KM2's, but I'm going with a retro tire myself. I've been thinking about keeping 2 sets around, so I can run the more modern KM2 on longer trips, and the retro tires around town.

The Maxxis RAZR comes in AT and MT…33x10.50R15

They haven’t worn evenly on the first Gen 4Runner (on OE 40-Series wheels), but that may be a front-end alignment issue.

Great looking tire.

IMG_7068.jpg

Only 50 miles of trail on these but they are a definite improvement! Can't beat the aesthetics.

I run the Toyo MT’s 33x10.50’s but wouldn’t recommend them due to a radial pull to the right. Not sure if it’s just my set but heard others have the same issue @Catching Neutral

Would appreciate input on new tires for my '74 FJ40. I want the skinny look on factory 15" rims with 33" tires. The current options that I am aware of are KO2's (10.5) or Kenda Klever R/T (9.5). I've had several variants of BFG AT's on a number of trucks and have been generally pleased, but viewing some of the threads on the Kenda's - I think that I like the look of them a little better. Any negative input on the Kenda's? Other options?

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat. Didn't know about these Kendas! My only concern... are they rated for snow? It looks like their AT2 model is but the R/T I'm not sure about.

Super swamper

I used super swamper's on my samurai's and loved them, but they don't have the retro look I'm going for. If I can't find the one I'm looking for, I'll go with the Power King Super Traction II. The ones I'm looking for, are the ones on the red one at the beginning of this thread. I still don't know what they're called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom