Wanted Help with sale or is this a scam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am talking to a lady selling a 2013 with 98k on it for 21k. Yes, 21k. I reached out to her on cars.com but when she responded to my initial email it didn't' have any cars.com reference in the email(which I thought it would). I asked her for the link to the original ad and she said it expired. I had reached out to several 200 series sellers on cars.com and a couple were in fact scams that got flagged and removed so I couldn't remember what 200 she was selling.

The vehicle is in Rochester NY and she included a carfax along with photos. The low price on this truck screams scam to me but what do you guys think?

It's a 1 owner, super clean and has had all its servicing done at a Toyota Dealership in NY.

What should be my next questions for her?

It is a complete scam. I went through the ringer with this seller. Says her husband died and wants to get rid of the 200. She says she is getting too many calls so she does not want to deal with showing it. When I said I can come by anytime to buy it with cash she said she is going through too much with the passing of her husband and will only sell through the escrow company. It is an escrow scam. Shame on them for playing on our emotions by coming up with the dead husband story. Total scam all made up. Stay away.

Exact same dialogue I had.

I want to get the domain shut down and emailed the domain registrar but haven’t heard anything back yet. I also may send it up to the FBI. If anyone is curious this is where you start that process. Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | File a Complaint

A real seller would not hesitate to show you the vehicle. I once heard of where
a lady drove her vehicle to used car dealer and made a cash sale on the spot
for much less than what the vehicle was worth. Guess she was heading out
of town in a hurry like in Psycho (the movie).

Whenever I see one of these scams I tell them I can only pay in gold coins
that I inherited from my Great Aunt and am willing to send more gold
(value) then they are asking for the vehicle, they never will accept the gold, always want a postal money order mailed to a US address.

Run away.

The story is she lost her husband and this is something she no longer needs.

The sale apparently is being handled through Liberty Mart Escrow and they would handle the exchange of money. The truck I believe would be shipped to me at which point I could get it inspected and checked out. Once I approve then the money would be released. I mean for 21k this is a steal no?
I have been emailing the same lady. She is selling a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited she had it advertised on Cars,com for $19,000. She claims her name is Berta Duncan from Santa Ana, California and she is selling her Sv cause her husband passed away and does not need the car. This is the car she is selling: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Click to see more photos
This is her email:
bert689544@gmail.com
She wanted me to wire the money to "safetrade.com"
DON'T FALL FOR IT. ITS A SCAM!!

There are stupid people that fall for this crap all the time. Just use common sense and you will be fine. I would never buy any used vehicle sight unseen, plus I would want to see the title for that vehicle.

NIce so it looks like the Liberty Mart Escrow page I linked above has been shut down. I ended up reporting it to the ISP so they must of taken action. Bad news is another one probably went live somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom