Help with rpm gauge not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
g'day I have a HJ 47 2h diesel my RPM gauge is not working any ideas where to start looking would be helpful and appreciated i've taken the floorpan off to get to the plug that comes off the Bell housing and checked it with a test light there's seems to be no power going to the sensor very rarely it will come on it's like there's a loose wire somewhere 99% of the time it's not working where should I start diagnosing from ??

I have a 2H bellhousing that has the sensor that got smashed by the wrecking yard I got it from. But I believe that sensor records everytime a magnet on the flywheel passes it. Is there anyway to inspect to see if magnet is there? Other then that I have nothing.

x 3 on the magnet/wire setup.

I have a 2H bellhousing that has the sensor that got smashed by the wrecking yard I got it from. But I believe that sensor records everytime a magnet on the flywheel passes it. Is there anyway to inspect to see if magnet is there? Other then that I have nothing.
I will take it out at the last resort because The wires seem to be Old and brittle

IMG_3339.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG
With the truck running there is no power to these plugs

And only the centre has power on the gauge

Just an update still having trouble anyone could give advice to be appreciated

I took the sensor out of the bell housing looks fine I guess I need to check it with a multimeter but not sure how to do that

Could Joe Katana be any assistance?

@lostmarbles is not on here much any more... He lost his BJ40... Let me contact him through personal email and see if he can offer any insight.

I'll get back to you, if Tom doesn't respond to this thread.

Hi Danny, Hellgate and everyone..

We''ve just got back from a little steam excursion and I'm still running around chasing my tail trying to catch up on things...
Jb1236PNorth7May2017a.jpg

Oh.. And on this trip (the day before yesterday) I spotted the latest acquisition by the New Zealand Army - Flash eh? (Just to show that I haven't lost interest in the 4x4 scene.)
DSC01135.JPG

But here's some tachometer information I've quickly found (of the stuff that's still have available to me here).

This appeared in Toyota literature in 1980 to show off the "new technology" that was then being included in the new 60-series (and that would be similarly applied to the outgoing 40-series and the HJ47 model):
Tacho1.jpg

Tacho2.jpg

Is this of any help?

Cheers - Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom