Help with PIAA Fog Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, i got 2 used PIAA fog lights (great deal :bounce:) but i have no idea whats thier model :confused:? i need to get the right intallation instructions.
any help? :clap:

:cheers:
Photo0501.jpg
Photo0502.jpg
Photo0503.jpg

Hello Karim,

I have mounted lots of lights, but am not familier with PIAA. They appear to have a three-wire system, when all of the lights I've installed are two-wire. Is it possible that your lights have two bulbs inside?

In any case, you will need to purchase or make a wiring harness, which will include a switch for inside the cruiser, and a relay.

Are you able to make your own wiring harness?

Are you able to take the light apart to determine what the three wires are for? One is hot of course (+) and one is ground (-).

One option is to send an email to PIAA customer service. I am sure they can provide some info to help you identify the model number. Also, they can email you the installation instructions.

Hope this helps!

Hi lovetoski,
I already took them apart and cleaned them to be ready for installation. i found one Bulb (Halogen H4 50W or 55W) and there was no wiring for a 2nd bulb. any other ideas for the 3rd wire?

If it will has something to do eith elec harness then I guess its time to go to a professional :doh:, although its hard to find some1 good here :bang:.
I'll aslo contact PIAA customer service for sure

Thanks again

i think teh H4 is dual beam, so would this make sense of having 3rd wire?
PIAA i guess mine looks like these.

but again, i have only one bulb while the 525 have 2

its better to contact the customer service :)

H4 bulbs use three wires. One is ground, one is hot for high beam, and one is hot for low beam. Now that I take a second look at the pictures, the three-prong plug is clearly shown, and that's used for a high/low lamp. The wiring harness is a little more complicated, since it will have a three-position switch (off, low, high). The easiest solution is to get the correct PIAA wiring harness. However, with the right connectors you could make your own harness also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom